Cars are trapped on 'illegal' driveways after council fits bollards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you suggesting that the folks that have ignored the many requests to install these kerbs voluntarily will automatically pay the bill when the local authority drop it on their doorstep? I'm not in agreement with the installation of bollards, I think it very childish and would have preferred to see enforcement orders.

I know when we once had this type of kerb fitted the local authority insisted that any builder we used had to have public liability insurance which was up in the silly numbers?? £2m comes to mind but this might well be wrong they definitely would not allow any Tom, **** or Harry carry out the work.

Regards
John

John the £2m figure is correct for Devon Council

I know when we once had this type of kerb fitted the local authority insisted that any builder we used had to have public liability insurance which was up in the silly numbers?? £2m comes to mind but this might well be wrong they definitely would not allow any Tom, **** or Harry carry out the work.

Regards
John

2million pounds cover is quite normal for public liabillity ins. Mine's that much as a kitchen fitter, and still have restrictions.
A big claim plus legal expenses could easily reach that.

I used to organise road closures for public events such as half marathons and street parties and £5m was the required cover.

This used to initially put people off but in actual fact the premium for a one-off event was often very resonable. IIRC less than £100.

Drop kerbs aren't automatically granted,

Especially in Brent where they have cottoned on to the fact that if they build a drop curb, they lose a future income stream in the form of residents parking permits ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom