Cars Broke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mat8n

Banned
Car
Sl63,honda crf450x, BMW x3, vespa lx50v, Honda goldwing in bits!
Got the red battery light this morning.

Took it in to my local indy, and the front vent has been blocked and now it's got wet inside! whole interior out and dry out!
Massive job apparently, 2 days to strip and re-fit plus the dry out time and see what needs replacing:(
Got it washed at the local 'hand wash' yesterday, think they jet washed it! as some of the paint had come of the wheels too! so i'll be down there tomorrow to see what they have to say. Was no sign of anything until after the wash.
Not holding out much hope as they are ethnic minority workers.:fail

Pretty peed off as that'll be the last of the summer use out of the car as the tax is due end of september and i'm away with work now:dk:

Feel sorry for you but you got me scared! :( I bought my new Benz W204 last week and was thinking about taking it to local car wash this weekend and now I am double-minded... To be honest I don't think only a car wash would cause any issue but I may have to tell them to be gentle!

What's wrong with jet washing the car?

It's not normal for water to go inside a 204 from jet washing it.

Sorry to hear of your woes, but the fail is not clearing out the scuttle vents.
Doesn't take much to block them up. Hope you get it sorted without too much pain.

+1 Jet washing is not the root cause of the problem....you are unfortunate but I feel you can not nail the cleaning company for the problem, as is the wheels flaky paint (wheels repainted wet paint used not powder?)...scuttle vent blocking up is a common issue on R230.

Sorry to hear of your woes, but the fail is not clearing out the scuttle vents.
Doesn't take much to block them up. Hope you get it sorted without too much pain.

Last edited:
What's that got to do with it? :dk:

I think what he means is that the car wash outfit is a cash-in-hand sort of outfit that would not be worth suing. Such outfits, in my experience at least, tend to use ethnic minority workers. No racism there, just fact.

I use one such mob at the local Asda from time to time. I've never had the slightest problem.

E55BOF said:
I think what he means is that the car wash outfit is a cash-in-hand sort of outfit that would not be worth suing. Such outfits, in my experience at least, tend to use ethnic minority workers. No racism there, just fact. I use one such mob at the local Asda from time to time. I've never had the slightest problem.

But there are also licensed and insured firms with the same ethnic minorities, it could've been worded better

The ethnic thing wasn't meant as a slur, just a matter of fact thing. Apoligese if it came across that way. The guys struggle with English so to go in with a problem I surmised would be a major issue, nothing more, sorry..... I also didn't realise they used a power wash at the hand car wash.

After taking it in and doing the Google it looks like the vent has been blocked from since whenever, the car doesn't go out in the rain but occasionally gets rained on, so with the power wash I think/hope(as does the indy) that it's forced the pooling water over the edge and into the interior, hopefully only needing a strip and dry out with no corrosion!
The symptoms only occurred after the wash, misting screen then the lights!

I've had the night to take it on the chin, so not been to see the wash guys as it wasn't their fault.

Sun's out today, cars in the workshop so I've been out on the enduro bike :D

Win some lose some.

The ethnic thing wasn't meant as a slur, just a matter of fact thing. Apoligese if it came across that way. The guys struggle with English so to go in with a problem I surmised would be a major issue, nothing more, sorry..... I also didn't realise they used a power wash at the hand car wash.

After taking it in and doing the Google it looks like the vent has been blocked from since whenever, the car doesn't go out in the rain but occasionally gets rained on, so with the power wash I think/hope(as does the indy) that it's forced the pooling water over the edge and into the interior, hopefully only needing a strip and dry out with no corrosion!
The symptoms only occurred after the wash, misting screen then the lights!

I've had the night to take it on the chin, so not been to see the wash guys as it wasn't their fault.

Sun's out today, cars in the workshop so I've been out on the enduro bike :D

Win some lose some.

Well played mat8n.
Good weather for checking the drain holes on your other car too.
;)

I would never let anyone wash my car as they generally are not as **** as me, I know that's not the case for all car wash places but my experience has taught me to steer clear

Hope the car gets fixed with no lasting damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom