Cars de Singapore and Shangri-la

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
from me travels.. Enjoy!

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

Singapore F1 Street Circuit by Day/night

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

:rock::rock::rock:

Great pictures

Odd to see UK style number plates ...

and is that the 4 door Aston, i must google as not seen before ...

Marc

Great pictures

Odd to see UK style number plates ...

and is that the 4 door Aston, i must google as not seen before ...

Marc

yep thats the four door Rapide.

Expressways of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I draw your attention to the following sections which would appear to make the ownership of many such vehicles a bit pointless?:dk:

The expressways of Singapore are special roads that allow motorists to travel quickly from one urban area to another. All of them are dual carriageways with grade-separated access. They usually have three to four lanes in each direction, although there are two-lane or five-lane carriageways in some places. There are nine expressways, including the new Kallang–Paya Lebar Expressway, which was completed in September 2008, and another one to start construction in 2008, the Marina Coastal Expressway. Studies about the feasibility of additional expressways are ongoing.

The default speed limit and National Speed Limits on Singapore expressways is 90 km/h (56 mph), but in certain areas a lower speed limit such as 80 km/h (50 mph) or 70 km/h (43 mph) is applied, especially in large urban areas, tunnels, heavy traffic and crosswinds. Speed traps are also deployed by the Singapore police at many places along the expressways.

Nice pictures all the same.:thumb:

They are not in England though... You buy the officer a happy meal and you get on your way...

grober said:
I draw your attention to the following sections which would appear to make the ownership of many such vehicles a bit pointless?:dk:
So I'm told, owners of the quick cars stuff the glovebox with cash and head across the border to Malaysia at the weekend. They then drive as fast a they like until they're stopped by the police, pay the fine in cash (no receipt), then repeat the process until they run out of cash.

They are not in England though... You buy the officer a happy meal and you get on your way...

Ooh I wouldn't try that - maybe across the border in Malaysia like Phil mentioned in the above post. Some decent driving roads there.

Try bribing any government official in Singapore and it's almost always straight to prison - as in Monopoly! I've worked out there for many years, off and on and witnessed the heavy handedness of the police - although I must admit it works - great place to live. They would have quashed the recent London riots even before it had a chance to start

Expressways of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The expressways of Singapore are special roads that allow motorists to travel quickly from one urban area to another. All of them are dual carriageways with grade-separated access. They usually have three to four lanes in each direction, although there are two-lane or five-lane carriageways in some places. There are nine expressways, including the new Kallang–Paya Lebar Expressway, which was completed in September 2008, and another one to start construction in 2008, the Marina Coastal Expressway. Studies about the feasibility of additional expressways are ongoing.

The default speed limit and National Speed Limits on Singapore expressways is 90 km/h (56 mph), but in certain areas a lower speed limit such as 80 km/h (50 mph) or 70 km/h (43 mph) is applied, especially in large urban areas, tunnels, heavy traffic and crosswinds. Speed traps are also deployed by the Singapore police at many places along the expressways.

Nice pictures all the same.:thumb:

The roads out there were so smooth, the cars literally waft along. Road noise is very minimal from inside the cabin too. We had a 5 series driven car for transfers etc which i find in the uk my friends similar 5 is quite a harsh ride and noisy. Tarmac in the uk compromises our vehicle ride quality a great deal from this basis.

Pot holes over there are non existent. Even the manhole covers are in line with the road surface.

From the outside cars driving along were smooth and somewhat silent! It was weird..like i said they were just wafting along nicely.

you wouldn't believe, in Malaysia our bags were over weight comming back to the uk.

do you pay 100 quid for the excess baggage weight allowance or buy the fellow behind check-in a kfc breakfast for which he asked for ;)

And not to mention the high taxes you have to pay to own such cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom