Cars for sale scams wot is there goal??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I've been looking for a truck for work as having a change around. I've noticed on eBay, auto trader, gumtree. There will be a vehicle say on a 11 plate advertised at a buy it now at half the price it should be. Normally there will be a number to call on the listing but not all the time. For instance a truck very local to me, very under priced but with a number to call with an Inverness area code. What is there goal?? Are they just trying to get your phone number/email.

Felstmiester said:
I've been looking for a truck for work as having a change around. I've noticed on eBay, auto trader, gumtree. There will be a vehicle say on a 11 plate advertised at a buy it now at half the price it should be. Normally there will be a number to call on the listing but not all the time. For instance a truck very local to me, very under priced but with a number to call with an Inverness area code. What is there goal?? Are they just trying to get your phone number/email.

Get a deposit or full payment over phone or email... Never hear from them again. It happens, and has been for years. They are getting better at it but to people who know cars, they will smell a rat straight away.

Lol can't believe an ad has popped up on my post of a certain truck I'm after!!!

or arrange to meet they know u have cash on you, guess what the hajack you and take the monies, or send deposit via paypal as u think u r protected whilst paypal does not protect car transactions.

just tell them u sent the money when u have not let them suffer the same they made others suffer from their losses

Horrible world out there I notice on gumtree you see a cheap car and you read the add and just at the bottom is a email or if you scroll
Through the pictures they have their email on them, I do feel sorry for
People who don't know cars, as they may be easily to fall in to this scam, horrible people with no heart, doing this sort of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom