Cars In The Park 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Today at Lotherton Hall, near Leeds - the annual Cars In The Park Festival.

A gtg organised by MBOF - here's a few photos.

Note the first car and it's plate - the car is now for sale, has done less than 30K and belonging to a forum member.

I'm admitting defeat………..what make is the blue hinged trike?

The big cream Packard "Golf Coupe" was amazing. One of only 11 made and 2 surviving, the other being in the US.

The owner was a really nice genuine bloke, and explained how he shipped it over from Florida himself. Explained loads of bits on the car like how it got it's name (There's a compartment to the rear of the passenger door which has enough room for a golf bag) Also showed us the massive straight eight flathead lump under the hood with a minuscule single choke carburettor sitting on top of it. :D (Yes I know the word hood is an Americanism, but the word bonnet just doesn't sound right describing this car)

Opposite all the Mercedes there was an area full of TVR's, with some really nice examples, though just down from them was my second favourite motor of the day (after that Packard) which was an original and unmolested Lotus Carlton. :)

Is that Louis Van Gall of Manchester United fame passing behind WU 53 WRG ???

:dk: What's MBOF please? :dk:

It's Mercedes Benz Owners Forum, referred to as "the other side".

Many (including me) are members on both forums.

Quirky does it for me.The Amphicar is brilliant.
When I was a kid, back in the 1960's, the firm my Dad then worked at took an Amphicar in part/ex and I remember being fascinated by it. The guy who eventually bought it insisted in a test drive on water and none of the salesmen were too enamoured with doing it in case it sank :D

Last one I saw was in an aviation museum not far from Virginia Beach a couple of years ago.

It's Mercedes Benz Owners Forum, referred to as "the other side".

Many (including me) are members on both forums.

Ah! Me too. Just don't go there often as there's more than enough here to keep me occupied. :D

So how did they get so many non-Mercs there? Looks like a general car meet rather than marque specific.

Ah! Me too. Just don't go there often as there's more than enough here to keep me occupied. :D

So how did they get so many non-Mercs there? Looks like a general car meet rather than marque specific.

It was - we had an area, along with various other clubs:

c200 cars total, and access to the house and grounds:
CITP

Some of our lot travelled up the night before and stayed at a local hotel. Malcolm (Television) travelled nearly 300 miles back on the Sunday (though his CL would be the right wheels to do it in).

Me, I got up at 5.30am, cleaned the car, travelled my 150 miles on the day, and loved every mile :cool:.

Last edited:
It's good to hear Malcolm is still around. Those CL are tremendous cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom