Cars up to 120g CO2/km?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm six foot tall and sat in the back whilst my mate who's six four drove. I found it comfortable for a 2 hour run and my knees were just touching the seat back.
It's not height but leg length that matters and whether people move the seat back enough (as they should) to get the thigh fully supported or instead drive knees up under their chin.

I had a friend who was 6ft 4 inches but he was only a 29 inch inside leg trouser size. M and S standard trouser sizes go up to 33 inch inside leg and those unfortunates need four inches more legroom.

Most Golfs have no tilt adjustment (used to but they took it off to save a few shillings) so the long legged need to move the seat way back to get thigh support (and they won't go way back). Also the wheelarch intrudes just where the acceleratorr is -so on RHD models the accelerator is pushed well back restricting legroom a lot on the dribers right leg. Dismal design. The A and B class have no wheel arch intrusion and far more legroom as a brief session with a tape measure will clearly reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom