carsoft 7.4 issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deano87

Car
210 e55 estate. 1983 capri 2.0s in pieces. 1998 Suzuki bandit 1200
just like to say hello to everyone. Im new here by the way. Im looking for help with carsoft like everyone else seems to and i know its been discussed a lot. I keep getting module not built on all control units. I contacted the supplier and they couldn't help other than say try on a different car lol. I have 2000 210 e55 estate and using 38 pin connector a multiplexer with serial cable and ibm t23 running xp. Would anyone else with a working carsoft be willing to meet up and try mine on there's and vice versa. Im in dagenham Essex by the way and would be willing travel for assistance within the local counties. Many Thanks Dean

If you are using an "official" ©Carsoft multiplexer it needs to be associated with the software at installation (faxback process). If not then check the COM setting on the serial port. Before I purchased the "official" kit I had a HK version which worked fine but I found the box needed to be plugged into the laptop during the software installation.

yes i believe its a hk with broken English instructions supplied by a UK importer thank you for advice, will try that later on. Just to be sure connect multiplexer to laptop using serial cable install software. It doesn't need to be connected to the car aswell.

tried re installing with multiplexer connected still no difference with communication. Any other ideas people or should i just try to get a refund and re invest in a different product. What is recommended for the home mechanic without too much out lay

I've a feeling the 38-pin sytem is analogue not digital - have you tried running the analogue tests in Carsoft?

No the 38 pin on w210 is definitely digital. I have used my carsoft multiplexer (chinese) on w210 e320 and w210 e36 without problems.

Okay then, a couple of other thoughts:
Is it definitely a multiplexer (wide DB37 connectors) or is it the cheaper Uniscan box with narrow connectors?
Are all the pins in the 38-pin cable connected?

Thanks for replies guys am sure that a 210 is digital myself the carsoft program on main screen shows digital not analogue its self. Second it has the wide db37 connection. One side a 9 pin serial and round 3 pin plug next to that. The cables are fully moulded so multi meter is the only way to check its fully connected? Not going to cut it open. K line and mcu both light up when connected to diag port so believe power is there also. Is it against the rules to post the site link i purchased it from?

Last edited:
MODELS COVERED:
W124 incl. Facelift W129 incl. Facelift W140 incl. Facelift W163 incl. Facelift W168 incl. Facelift R170 incl. Facelift W202 incl. Facelift W203
W208 incl. Facelift W209
W210 incl. Facelift W211
W219
W215 incl. Facelift W220 incl. Facelift R230
G461
G463,
V Class
Vito
Sprinter
Vaneo
Viano
Carsoft has always been a PC Based system, so you are not tied into a „Scan-tool“ that will be obsolete and thrown away after a few years. If you need to replace your PC, just install the software on the new one and you are ready to go!

So it says on site

And sale price is 195 pounds at moment

Last edited:
How much did you pay?

MODELS COVERED:
W124 incl. Facelift W129 incl. Facelift W140 incl. Facelift W163 incl. Facelift W168 incl. Facelift R170 incl. Facelift W202 incl. Facelift W203
W208 incl. Facelift W209
W210 incl. Facelift W211
W219
W215 incl. Facelift W220 incl. Facelift R230
G461
G463,
V Class
Vito
Sprinter
Vaneo
Viano
Carsoft has always been a PC Based system, so you are not tied into a „Scan-tool“ that will be obsolete and thrown away after a few years. If you need to replace your PC, just install the software on the new one and you are ready to go!

So it says on site

And sale price is 195 pounds at moment

i just looked at their site its €195 for v12 software and €295 for the system. But with my searching for answers have heard they are not that great with communication if you have an issue i could be wrong though. I dont think there is an easy and cheapish way of diagnosing our cars but im open to suggestions

Are you sure the serial port is enabled in the laptop BIOS and set to COM1 or to match Carsoft setting. COM3 or 4 will not work. Check laptop in Control Panel, system, handware, Device Manager, Ports. Should have Communication Port (COM1).
You are a long way from the south cost or you could try my laptop!

i have gone in device manager changed com port to 1 and 2 and changed in carsoft if wrong port is selected i get a different error within carsoft. Its doing my head in got a srs light on all the time intermittent bas/esp (suspect brake light switch) and intermittent slight misfire on idle with no eml on (suspect downstream 02) only had the car 4 months and miss access to star machine now.

bit of progress if you can call it that, the supplier has agreed to a refund due to even them not knowing What the problem is. So now im looking for another diag tool i have a wanted ad up but please let me know if anyone has one for sale or even if they are available to scan my car in the mean time Thanks

You can drop by and check if my carsoft will work. Was working on e36 and e320 w210's. I'm in Lee so not too far for you.

thank you. Where abouts are you mate?, and when is a good time to meet up.

just emailed you brigadier. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom