Carsoft mercedes 15 quid each!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Carsoft Mercedes Benz 7.4 | eBay

have bought one - turned up in its bag, new as far as I can see, CD with software on it, plugged into my 1998 E300TD and it read the codes perfectly (on the engine - havent tried anything else, dont see why it shouldnt work)

comes with 38 pin, obd, sprinter style ?16? pin round and old skool 3 bannana plugs fro ye olde R129's ;)

now - anyone got a USER manual for carsoft :) (an user?)

usual - I have no connection with seller - looks like he is going out of business though :(

Guy

Yes, I bought one also, And its all wired up correctly, did you not get a disc with yours?

Scuse my ignorance , but what does it do , what do you need to run it ?

Can you reset fault codes with it ?

Car soft is an alternative to star

Do you need a laptop to run it ?

Thanks , just to clarify for me , is it fairly user friendly ?

Load it onto a laptop , plug it in , away you go ?

:)

It will only work with xp, and you need a serial port, apart from that, it's pretty straight forward.

Carsoft Ultimate Home MB & Sprinter

Coverage does not include the very latest models e.g. W204 W212 etc and there is anecdotal reports of incomplete coverage of earlier models. Price appears to have plummeted perhaps as its coming to an end of its useful life?? Certainly worth investigating for owners of earlier BENZ at these prices!

Last edited:
Bargain! I paid 70£ for mine some year ago. The carsoft software is fairly simple if you know computers a bit. You can access all control units on the car - read/erase fault codes, get live data, recode etc.

Just need to get some older laptop with serial port and use it for all the car stuff. I bought cf-18 toughbook for that purpose, because of touchscreen and flip screen. They are quite cheap these days.

Last edited:
I grabbed last one .. Looking forward to getting it. Thanks for highlighting it :)

Mine arrived next day. Need a laptop with serial to run it but it certainly looks impressive!
The case alone is worth most of £15!
Thanks OP, best buy from Ebay for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom