Carwash + Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Well, the 4 red lights of death on the front LED display again after the valeter was round today... are these sensors really that sensitive? I hope once everythings had a few days to dry out they will start working again??

Anyone had similar issues?

Cheers.

Last edited:
By the number of reports here I would say it’s another MB “feature”. They all do that, sir.

By the number of reports here I would say it’s another MB “feature”. They all do that, sir.

Haha, good old Mercedes quality...

I wonder how long it'll take to start working... it was fine yesterday in the pouring rain. I suppose the pressure washers didnt do it any good...

Mine usualy get back to life after 10-15 minutes of driving. Tomorrow morning everything should be fine again.

Mine usualy get back to life after 10-15 minutes of driving. Tomorrow morning everything should be fine again.

Ah okay thanks, I hope so!

Will update in due-course.

Reactions: GLK
Mine do this but usually go back to normal by the time I drive out of the car wash...

I do switch Parktronic off during the wash, to avoid the loud beeping noise.

What’s annoying is the non-MB system in my other car NEVER has any issues at all!!

Bloody MB! Lol

Mine do this but usually go back to normal by the time I drive out of the car wash...

Ah okay, so it’s only mine that’s lasted the whole day :(

Touchwood ive never had any problems when washing my car, even with a DA.

I do exactly the same, particularly when I use WashMe in Northampton.
No errors, after I switch it back on, once done.

you need to replace the sensors. or take them out and re seal the rubber in set .

you need to replace the sensors. or take them out and re seal the rubber in set .

Why? I have already replaced 2 which star logged as faulty. Why replace them all?

Reactions: GLK
You'd really need STAR to pinpoint the exact one that's at fault..at least then its accurate and you can get the right one for the job.. saves you second guessing.. I've still got my T Shirt from the last time..Lols! (And sensor come to think of it...) :p

Why? I have already replaced 2 which star logged as faulty. Why replace them all?
i Didnt mean replace them all. I meant the faulty ones obviously. sorry for any confusion , or shaking in your wallet.

Last edited:
It’s working now guys.. woohooooooooo!! Lol

It’s working now guys.. woohooooooooo!! Lol
Guinness-Good-Things-Come-to-Those-Who-Wait.jpg

I wonder, if the older type sensors are less prone to go haywire in a car wash?

I mean this one:
42104549031_15356db7ce_m.jpg

As opposed to this:
28231735578_661f1356c6_m.jpg

A interesting point is most of the car makers fit the same sensors,and they run out at £95 each,just had a chat to a Citroen head mechanic after I had two rear sensors fitted plus a hours labour as the rear bumper had to come off plus vat ,I asked why were Citroen sensors so expensive and he pointed to a E Mercedes on the car sales and said that car has the same ones as do other makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom