Cash for crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Why the ---- can't the insurance companies work out all the blatantly obvious scams and simply refuse to pay up? FFS millions paid out for an accident blackspot that was simply a quiet country lane!! Did nobody look into all the claims and think, 'hmm, something isn't quite right here'.

The whole insurance industry needs a total overhaul as it is all an utter ------. We basically pay stupidly high premiums to cover the losses made by the insurance companies paying out to blatant scammers!! And the insurance industry tells us if it wasn't for all the scammers our premiums would be lower.
No! if it wasn't for your inabilities, our premiums would be lower, you useless bunch of robbing, unable to even run your own industry, load of take the easy option and club the honest people instead of actually tackling the problem because it's the easiest way of making a profit, lot of ------ and crooks in suits.

Crash for Cash - 4oD - Channel 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget the role of the legal profession in all this. And what's one of the main "occupations of choice" in the House of Commons? :dk:

For a very long time the Police, largely at the behest of elements of the previous Government, denied there was any problem at all. Even now a lot of forces do not give a toss unless there is a death or serious injury. All too difficult.

You can make you own mind up why that should be, but there are now widespread information sharing agreements in place between insurance companies, brokers, agents and Police along with a database that is really showing up what the "common features" are.

The main positive impact is coming from the City of London Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department, a police unit dedicated to tackling insurance fraud.

This unit was not set up until January 2012 and guess what: it is funded by the Association of British Insurers.

City of London Police - IFED

Young Robbie was a looker wasn't he....must be some farm animal in the mix some where!

Tony.

I don't know if it's still true, or if was ever so, but I'm sure I read that in countries where motor insurance isn't compulsory, whiplash is all but unknown.

I don't know if it's still true, or if was ever so, but I'm sure I read that in countries where motor insurance isn't compulsory, whiplash is all but unknown.

If no one has insurance no point getting an injury!

Tony.

Insurers are very well aware of all the scams thanks and do everything we can to deny the claims, sometimes at personal risk to our staff.

The issue is that they then use The a legal system, so even if the insurer turns down the clam, then, if the fraudster has the cojones (and bear in mind we are talking organised crime gangs here, the same guys that deal in drugs, guns and other nefarious activity) they stand up in court , claim they were injured in the accident, provide the judge with medical evidence to support their claim and unless it can be proved that they weren't injured and / or that no accident occurred, the judge is bound under law to award compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom