Cash Isa`s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryh

Car
slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
Who is the best in you guy`s opinion to invest in the above?

Then where next for any extra cash???????????????

under the bed does not count,though 6month old e estate does(Not really an investment ,but will make me smile):) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm considering Premium bonds......not something I've ever done before but what the heck, the way my other savings and pensions are performing the fact premium bonds don't go down looks pretty attractive right now.

The lottery :D :D - it's an alternative pension investment (and at the moment not much riskier that the markets).

i just read this evening that my icesave cash isa is in bit of a bother! in this case i can say that i am lucky to have less than £35/50k as they seem to have gone under but are covered under compensation scheme

send any unused money to the following po box and i will take care of it for you.......

no need to buy bank shares any more we are all shareholders now;

gold?
gilts?

im in the same mind

i have stuffed cash away here and there and then got £2k in premium bonds and won £50 in 3 months!

so im adding another £6k this week to see if i win more

i dont want to keep more than a few grand at home and i dont trust the banks although the new £50k government prommis thing helps but i still dont like banks as they will do me for £30 for the £5.71 i was od for less than 12 hours

there is gold to consider too, in 12 months its gone up 38%

or buy barrels of oil

july 2007 $70
july 2008$140
now $90

just storage issues then

Who is the best in you guy`s opinion to invest in the above?

Then where next for any extra cash???????????????

under the bed does not count,though 6month old e estate does(Not really an investment ,but will make me smile):) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Some ISA comparisons here.

For the extra cash I'd use your pension, since all the tax is refunded on the contributions made.

I'm considering Premium bonds......not something I've ever done before but what the heck, the way my other savings and pensions are performing the fact premium bonds don't go down looks pretty attractive right now.

They have an effective interest rate of 3.25% nett, which isn't too bad if you are a higher rate tax payer.

The only part I don't like is you have to recover the funds by post as oppposed to online. No real issue, just a bit more effort.

I think the NS&I could be a good bet at present, while the tornado passes.

If you have a mortgage --- just pay some of it off......reduce debt..

If you have a mortgage --- just pay some of it off......reduce debt..

Or offset. The money is still yours and available if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom