Cat 1 Alarms: Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloodmoon

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde
Hi all,

The 300CE-24 which I recently bought did not come with an alarm, so I am looking at possible options.

I think I will certainly go for a Category 1 alarm/immobiliser, and have a couple that grabbed my attention. I would prefer a setup that included total closure if possible.

Was wondering if anybody could give a personal recommendation - do you have such a set up and are you happy with its reliability.

I have set myself a figure of around £300

Thanks in advance,

Antony

Clifford everytime ... Might be expencive , but , good systems.

Funny you should say that - I was looking at the Clifford Concept 300. I have heard a little bad press towards it though, saying it is too tempremental and tends to go off for no readily apparent reason.

I am tempted though...

Originally posted by bloodmoon
Funny you should say that - I was looking at the Clifford Concept 300. I have heard a little bad press towards it though, saying it is too tempremental and tends to go off for no readily apparent reason.
It turns out that my nearest (and possibly your nearest) Clifford installer is Carcraft in Rochdale (gulp!). Hmm!

I still reckon you should get that facelift key / alarm fob kit when you get the alarm installed, that would be perfect :) .

I will post some urls when I get home.

EDIT: Alarm recommended by Whitefield is the Scorpion 918 (discontinued - superceded by another model which should still be available). I think that is the factory installed alarm.

Clifford alarm, facelift key fob, 12 months road tax:

*sigh* this is becoming exbenzive...

--
Antony

well, you can take that money you talked the seller down by and spend it on mods, that sounds like a good idea to me! :)

Clifford alarm, facelift key fob, 12 months road tax:

--
Antony

exbenzive ... love it :D

In 12 months time, the trivial amount you spend now on an alarm/immobiliser will look like a drop in the north sea, after you have done multiple mods and spent oodles of cash :D

(and yes, it will happen :p )

Cheers

Andrew

oh dear... another early case of moditis ....

prognosis..... VERY expensive !!

Nice car, BTW !

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom