Cat Conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s not you who adopt the cat, it’s the cat who adopts you. You must be a most chilled character as Cat’s have good taste. Don’t overfeed it, get it scanned. In the end they are all semi feral and will happily switch allegiances and households if they want to.

Have been called many things, but never chilled😀, yes fairly laid back though, point taken about the cat adopts, and also switching allegiances. Will just go with the flow I guess, I am 53, never realised within a week I would get attached to a cat.

Have been called many things, but never chilled😀, yes fairly laid back though, point taken about the cat adopts, and also switching allegiances. Will just go with the flow I guess, I am 53, never realised within a week I would get attached to a cat.
It's got its klooks in - it's what they do!
Enjoy it while it lasts. They are a joy to watch and have around.

Well unlike a dog you never own a cat you are only a cats helper :) if it is chipped you might find it lives up to a mile away,as posted cats do sometimes have two homes

It's got its klooks in - it's what they do!
Enjoy it while it lasts. They are a joy to watch and have around.
Yep, that’s what we will do, will wait on what the vet comes back with, for me and the rest of the family, no matter how much we get attached to it, won’t want to keep someone else’s pet, just won’t sit right with me. But in the meantime, we will look after it as best as we can.

The other conundrum is, if we can locate the owners, and we can then tell them what and where the cat has been up to, what if the cat refuses to stay at its original home, and keeps coming back to ours, what would or should be our next step, how can we make the cat forget us and our home.

Yep, that’s what we will do, will wait on what the vet comes back with, for me and the rest of the family, no matter how much we get attached to it, won’t want to keep someone else’s pet, just won’t sit right with me. But in the meantime, we will look after it as best as we can.
That's fair.
The other conundrum is, if we can locate the owners, and we can then tell them what and where the cat has been up to, what if the cat refuses to stay at its original home, and keeps coming back to ours, what would or should be our next step, how can we make the cat forget us and our home.
Don't let it sleepover! So long as you don't encourage it to bed down it should return to its original home to sleep. It won't forget you so long as it's happy to visit you. Just let it.
I'm not sure if you should contact the owners and risk the cat being kept in by them. So long as you aren't trying to re-home it (I don't believe that you are) then as things are seems to be working for all parties.

That's fair.

Don't let it sleepover! So long as you don't encourage it to bed down it should return to its original home to sleep. It won't forget you so long as it's happy to visit you. Just let it.
I'm not sure if you should contact the owners and risk the cat being kept in by them. So long as you aren't trying to re-home it (I don't believe that you are) then as things are seems to be working for all parties.
No we don’t let it sleepover, let it out in the evening, no definitely not trying to re home it, as it just turned up at our doorstep, and then into our home, just doing what’s best for it. If the owner can’t be found, then we will just care for it, as long as it’s around.

No we don’t let it sleepover, let it out in the evening, no definitely not trying to re home it, as it just turned up at our doorstep, and then into our home, just doing what’s best for it. If the owner can’t be found, then we will just care for it, as long as it’s around.
If its owner gives up on it, it will become your cat!
It will let you know what it wants (it already is) just go with it and watch and enjoy how cats are. They are unique in their methods. Observe and enjoy.

They say you can't herd cats. Not true.

Hungry cats 002.jpg

Dogs have owners, cats have servants. As long as you accept that, you'll be fine!

Cats were revered as Gods in ancient Egypt and will never let us forget it.

We were adopted by a Turkish Angora 12 years ago. Used as a barn cat by former English neighbours, she has adapted to domesticity with us. Why anyone would confine such a beautiful cat to mousing in a barn is beyond me. Sadly she lost a front paw in a trap, was attacked by a fox and now has ulcers in both eyes, costing me a fortune in vet's bills ...... but I don't care.

We have a picture on a wall which, translated, says "a cat is the soul of the home". I couldn't put it any better.

Not a picture of her (Fleur), but a stock Turkish Angora:

1626379931610.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom