cat D C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Questions:-

Why would an insurer write this off and not repair it?

After that's been answered, Why would an individual buy a bent one like this when they can get a new one with contributions.....oh hold on let's not go there.

Still, why would this not be repaired, I don't understand it?

MERCEDES-BENZ C63 AMG AUTO 2008/58 REG LIGHT DAMAGE SALVAGE | eBay

perhaps they were driving without insurance, they hurt someone in an accident then sent to prison or banned :dk:

Last edited:
It just doesn't add up does it.

Also why would the airbag not deploy with an accident of that force?

It looks like it hit a lamp post or similar.

would it be worth more repaired and exported though ?

It will have had the airbag replaced, they do this to advertise that 'the accident was such a minor one that the airbags didn't deploy'.

It will have had the airbag replaced, they do this to advertise that 'the accident was such a minor one that the airbags didn't deploy'.

easily checked on STAR, somtimes airbags wont deploy, seen it on a few CATD`s, it looks like a fairly easy repair and a cheap C63 if you were repairing it to keep.

"Lets spend 200+ Hours fixing it, and make a fiver in the process!"

media-10940-28435.jpg

Why would an insurer write this off and not repair it?

Claims managment compaines can sometimes spin out and bloat claims that much that ins cos are keen to draw a line under it all.

I would guess that in the style of Tom & Jerry cartoons there is a C63 shaped tree or lamp post somewhere.

Could be a good buy or an absolute financial disaster. No real way of telling if the engine & gearbox have been shoved back. This is before we start looking at the chassis and suspension.

Nice looking car though. I am sure it will turn up soon on somebody's forecourt.

^ See that's what I don't understand when you can buy a non bent one for not much more.

^ See that's what I don't understand when you can buy a non bent one for not much more.

Because people get excited over salvage, and salvage dealers always quote the repaired value at top book retail, when repaired salvage is worth far less.

To actually make any money out of repairing a car like that it would need to be around £7k.

Because people get excited over salvage, and salvage dealers always quote the repaired value at top book retail, when repaired salvage is worth far less.

To actually make any money out of repairing a car like that it would need to be around £7k.

Even if you were able to do the work yourself i.e. a body shop technician or similar?

There is no high deceleration force involved in this damage, a broken plastic bumper and bent sheet metal bonnet.

Airbags are designed to go off only for high force accidents.
I once collected a work colleague that had just crashed into the central barrier of a motorway and he said "why didn't the airbags go off?". Because the car wasn't crushed right back and he wasn't injured, so they didn't need to.

We do tend to over dramatise ALL issues a bit nowadays, Luvvies...:)

easily checked on STAR, somtimes airbags wont deploy, seen it on a few CATD`s, it looks like a fairly easy repair and a cheap C63 if you were repairing it to keep.

Correct, but not at £20k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom