Cat Insurance (Not a typo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swiss Toni

MB Enthusiast
Car
Pedestrian
I came back to my car in the Office car park last week, to find a moggy sat on the roof.

Of all the cars, it sat on mine.

As I approached, it scrambled down the rear screen and left it paw prints across the boot - and then I saw that it had scratched the paint as it got off.

LIVID

:eek:

I am not a fan of cats at the best of times, but this takes the biscuit.

I *can* find out who it bleongs to - the question is, is there any point?

I could also feed it Whiskers with (considers next line very carefully) Syrup of figs.

:devil:

Oops.
As I'm sure you already know there is no point persuing this as a cant can't be held responsible for it's actions.

Has it scratched right through the colour coat or just marked it so it appears white?

If it's right through you could be our first member to try wet sanding..

I spent the best part of an hour today cutting and then polishing - it appears to have gone (but I need to see it in daylight). :mad:

As an aside, our house was a showhome many years ago and the garage was the office, so is carpeted, plastered and best of all has really decent lighting.
:D
I am only allowed to park the Merc in there because it hovers off the ground on a bed of self-rightiousness :D

I hate cats.

Oops.
As I'm sure you already know there is no point persuing this as a cant can't be held responsible for it's actions.

Has it scratched right through the colour coat or just marked it so it appears white?

If it's right through you could be our first member to try wet sanding..
If you catch the moggy you can soak the fur in T-cat :rolleyes: :) then either place your hand in the rear orifice and gently work the T-cat over the damaged surface, or as a last resort tie the blooming thing to an orbital sander to get better results. :devil: :devil:

Do folks realise that cats kill my pretty little wild birds?:) I just wish they would scoff the blooming magpies

John the moggy luvver

Lol..mine's ambitious (or greedy), he mainly goes for pigeons. Clearly the smaller birds are not worth it on energy expenditure/reward ratio :D

I'm surprised that it scratched the car though, ours has never left a mark on any of the cars, although the muddy pawprints across a freshly washed car become annoying!

My cat crawls over my car quite alot, it is annoying when you can't see through the windscreen for paw prints!! Luckily no damage as yet.

My cat crawls over my car quite alot, it is annoying when you can't see through the windscreen for paw prints!! Luckily no damage as yet.

Do you want to borrow some pliers for it's claws?

Do you want to borrow some pliers for it's claws?
:eek: NO!! She's very good at catching mice, and birds....and leaves us lots of presents.

She's a very funny cat, she sits at the window and "paws" at it to be let in.....or out, I shall try and get a pic or video, it's hilarious! :D

Our neighbours cat has an annoying habit of climbing over my car after i've Zymol'd it , perhaps it's the smell ... it's dirty feet leaving nasty marks ...

It also like to lay on my patio too , oh how it runs when i put the hose on it .... :D

Last edited:
Our neighbours cat has an annoying habit of climbing over my car after i've Zymol'd it , perhaps it's the smell ... it's dirt feet leaving nasty marks ...

It also like to lay on my patio too , oh how it runs when i put the hose on it .... :D

Cruel! (mind you i always flick the water at it once I've washed up-not very often) Poor thing....

I am not a cat lover......:) we have four that live in our cul de sac ( of eight houses) .They have scratched my car and also my sons car, the claw marks being quite evident. Notwithstanding this only last week one of the two wood pigeons that have nested in one of the oak trees at the bottom of our garden was killed by a three legged moggy (much to the disgust of my 5 year old )......Why do owners let their cats roam and c * *p in everyones garden ? If my dog or anyone elses did that there would be an uproar.
My friend who lives in the lake district (and is a farmer ) has offered the use of a cat trap which I am going to take up...when I catch one in my garden I will take it to the Police station and explain the animal was causing a nuisance on my property ...far more humane than any of the ideas my associates have recommended..............:)

Why do owners let their cats roam and c * *p in everyones garden ? If my dog or anyone elses did that there would be an uproar.

In exactly the same way that some owners let their dogs wander and crap everywhere, it comes down to the owner. Equally many would not dream of allowing this sort of behaviour.

Everyone's standards of behaviour are different, so it is distinctly narrow minded to apply the generalisation you have done to all cat owners. How would you feel if the same was applied to yourself (for example, as a dog owner)?

As for cats killing birds and mice...well, that's nature taking its course, and while sometimes unpleasant, to label it as anything else would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
Perhaps because cat's "hide" their business, and it is not dangerous to humans? (at least I think so) Not condoning it in any way. I wouldn't expect cat owners to follow their cats route throughout the day and pick up behind them.
Tricky one.

And unfortunately nature being nature cats kill birds, and mice and other rodents. It's the same in Africa but with cats on a bigger scale!

Perhaps because cat's "hide" their business, and it is not dangerous to humans? (at least I think so) Not condoning it in any way. I wouldn't expect cat owners to follow their cats route throughout the day and pick up behind them.
Tricky one.

And unfortunately nature being nature cats kill birds, and mice and other rodents. It's the same in Africa but with cats on a bigger scale!

I beg to differ. From a hygene and health perspective cat faeces is NOT good. Leaving aside all the random diseases that contact with cat faeces can lead one to get; it smells a whole lot more than dog faeces too!

I wouldn't expect the owners to follow them, but I would expect the owners to train them to "use the toilet". I thought that was what kitty-litter boxes were for? Or do I need to plant eucaliptus trees everywhere to get rid of the cr@p?

As for cats killing birds and mice...well, that's nature taking its course, and while sometimes unpleasant, to label it as anything else would be ridiculous.
Game on! :D

I am a cat lover, they taste grerat in a curry :devil:

I fully understand the reasoning behind the statement, but by crikey would they just shrug there shoulders if there cat was torn apart by a dog? It's just nature taking it's course!

Cats can be great companions and are excellent pets but owners should have some degree of respect for there neighbours property and perhaps other creatures.

And what about when you have a "cat cr*p" detector (aka grandsons!) No problem with cars per se but they seem to use my lawn as their personal toilet and to say I am getting frustrated is somewhat of an understatement!

No attempt at hiding it - just right out in the open on the grass! :crazy:

And what about when you have a "cat cr*p" detector (aka grandsons!) No problem with cars per se but they seem to use my lawn as their personal toilet and to say I am getting frustrated is somewhat of an understatement!

No attempt at hiding it - just right out in the open on the grass! :crazy:

Actually... playing devils advocate for a second; we had that alot too... then we discovered it wasn't just the cats, but also the foxes!

It got solved with a bit of cat-repellet power, which stopped both the cats and the foxes from the lawn - but as I put it very sparingly, I'm hoping the foxes weren't too repelled. That and the addition of a mini "zen garden" area in a corner seemed to solve all our lawn issues... The cats LOVED the zen garden! The combination of small pebbles and a sandy area made (literally) all the cats from 7 blocks away use it as their kitty-box! It was utterly disgusting! Needless to say, the zen-garden is still there, but there is a eucaliptus growing in the middle of it :p

Michele

I beg to differ. From a hygene and health perspective cat faeces is NOT good. Leaving aside all the random diseases that contact with cat faeces can lead one to get; it smells a whole lot more than dog faeces too!

I wouldn't expect the owners to follow them, but I would expect the owners to train them to "use the toilet". I thought that was what kitty-litter boxes were for? Or do I need to plant eucaliptus trees everywhere to get rid of the cr@p?

My cat was litter trained and used litter trays when a kitten, but as soon as she was old enough to go out, she goes outside?!

I'm not saying cat's faeces isn't bad I know it's not nice, but I never see any in my garden or any others around, we have other cats visit our garden too.
I'm not sure there is an allround solution unless we keep them housebound (which I think is unfair).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom