cat / res delete today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossco964

Car
RRS / C63
Got my secondary cats and resonator delete done this morning by EMP Performance in St Albans. They did a good job. How do I attach large images?

Sounds so much better now. Great sound when going in to roundabouts braking and it changes down. Drive everywhere in sport+ now

Just a quick question I assume you can't revert the system back to stock now the secondary cat has been cut out ?

Depends if you gut the secondary's only then there is no going back but I imagine if you drop it out and replace for x pipe or h pipe then you can reinstate later same with resonators being dropped out and replaced for straight pipes. only issue with taking secondary out and not gutting is that it can fail if MOT inspector sees it.

To fit X-Pipe/Res-delete and secondary Cat-delete (i.e. straight pipe) on W204 C63 I'm afraid that you have to cut the AMG system. It's not a major issue as if the cuts are good then you can revert to stock at a later date using the same sleeves/clamps that were installed with the res/cat-delete. The big issue will be the time that you come to get rid of the car, where a private buyer may want a 100% standard example and I'll start off by saying that an OE system IS NOT cheap.

You may be able to get out of that one with some amicable discussion with the buyer but the big problem will be handing back should you have the car on finance. If the inspector wants to be thorough, they'll bill you for a new system if you don't choose to buy it (assuming Agility), or potentially bill you outright if lease. I haven't heard of this happening yet, but with the high amount of these cars now falling to young guys who modify them and openly abuse them on Instagram & Youtube with consequent accident or mechanical damage, the inspectors may have wised up. Who knows, but who wants to try the theory out?

I really want to do a secondary cat gut/removal, but I don't to put any of the return back to stock stuff at risk, if/when I sell/return it etc.

I've kept the cat and res just in case when I sell it the new person wants it back to standard. I guess the safest way would be gutting the cats. That way you'll never really know. I thought I'd just go for the X pipe / straight pipes and see how I get on

Seems to be lot of mixed messages about failing / passing mot's. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

In terms of sound it has made the car much enjoyable for me to use

I really want to do a secondary cat gut/removal, but I don't to put any of the return back to stock stuff at risk, if/when I sell/return it etc.

I'm in your boat and the itch is so strong I've nearly just gone ahead with an "F the consequence" mentality but the Mrs slaps me and I calm down again.

I spent a while researching it and the best bet if you want to go back 100% stock one day is to buy some second-hand mid-pipes (they come with the L/H primary cat also) and then gut the secondary cats using the crude old-fashioned mincing-with-long-screwdriver method, cutting them open and mincing them up and welding back up or by having the cats cut out and a small section of pipe welded in to replace them.

The resonator unfortunately comes as part of the R/H silencer/tailpipe assembly so to gut that you are again looking at cutting it open, removing the baffling and welding back up. If you bought a second-hand resonator & R/H silencer assembly you could cut the resonator out and again have pipe welded in to replace it, and connect in the OE locations.

The best solution would be to buy both sections second-hand, and straight pipe it all, only making sure that you keep the factory connections on the L/H silencer/tailpipe assembly and the R/H primary cat. That would allow you to drop the system in/out when the day comes, using the OE clamps.

You could alternately go for a custom system that uses primary cats of similar grade to OE and deletes the secondary's, connecting at the OE location in front of the resonator or delete the primary's and replace the secondary's with some equally robust cats as the OE primary's, again connecting at the resonator. With either option you could potentially do the headers but, it would be loud all the time. I don't think FI or IPE offer an option that gives you cats that aren't high-flow so could be an MOT issue.

164950d1251978178-c63-quad-exhaust-amg-63-exhaust.jpg

In terms of sound it has made the car much enjoyable for me to use

The this makes we want to just go and do it :p

Last edited:
Apparently the Miltek X pipe only needs one weld to fit so might worth getting that.

You have to do it. Before I had it done I wasn't really enjoying it that much. Sure it's quick but you can't really hear it. When it's done you get the lovely deep rumble of the V8. Changed the way I feel about the car. Do it

Just do it had my secondary gutted and resonators deleted and the car sounds aaamazing! I plan on keeping this car for a very looong time.

If you decide to p/x it down the line somewhere, a dealer would probably accept it as it sits. I once bought a new Jeep CJ7, Chevy V8, and changed the exhaust immediately.
Sounded great and ran better, I eventualy (6 years!) traded it on a new 4WD. The original new exhaust parts were in the back seat and could be reinstalled in a few hours. No problem. Private buyer might squack though.

I've gutted my secondary cats. It made the car a little louder but not as much as you would think. My resonator is still in place but I would like to replace it with an X pipe but would also be interested in doing away with primaries. Do they do all this at EMP?

Just out of interest. What did they sting you for the work you had done.

^ EMP can do all that.
Be careful deleting your primary cats. If you have gutted the secondary cats and remove the primaries you may set off the EML.
I'd take advise from someone who has maybe done that before going ahead.

^ EMP can do all that.
Be careful deleting your primary cats. If you have gutted the secondary cats and remove the primaries you may set off the EML.
I'd take advise from someone who has maybe done that before going ahead.

Deleting primaries will turn on EML. Two ways round this. Either get it mapped out (expensive way) or do what they do over in the US when they delete primaries is just use extensions on the sensors. The map does nothing other than turn the EML light off.

When I had the Kleemann engine manifold fitted part of the setup is to delete the primary cats the the EML came on, had to get it mapped out and coded the rear O2 on the STAR. After 3 remaps lol!!!!! Expensive!
I've left the secondary cats alone as I know for a fact it will start droning on the mway! Best setup!

Yes EMP would do all that work for you. I've only used them for this but I'm happy with the work. I paid £420 for both.

I'm in St. Albans and work in Wembley. Youre welcome to come over sometime and have a listen. One of the other members on here kindly met up with me before I had it done so I could hear it. Had a listen and I was sold. It has to done, sounds so much better

Yes EMP would do all that work for you. I've only used them for this but I'm happy with the work. I paid £420 for both.

I'm in St. Albans and work in Wembley. Youre welcome to come over sometime and have a listen. One of the other members on here kindly met up with me before I had it done so I could hear it. Had a listen and I was sold. It has to done, sounds so much better

I don't think that's bad money at all. Think I'll give them a call and go strait piped up to rear boxes. Not an every day car so not so bothered if it's LOUD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom