Catalytic converters stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratz

Car
17 E350d in Senorite Grey
The latest trend in Cheshire is to steal catalytic converters from cars whilst parked in quiet areas or public carparks. One of my colleagues had theirs stolen during working hours while parked in the company carpark. Evidently they just 'cut' out the relevant section and are gone!

Not sure what you can do to mitigate, but thought it worth a mention.

That`s been going on for a while in London

Palladium!

Other than catching them in the act and getting laid out for your trouble, not much to be done - make sure it's reported to the police.

:eek:
And someone said to me a while ago that “if it's not welded on then it's not safe”, puts a whole new complexion on that statement. Catalytic converters being stolen, just unbelievable. In fact if I hadn't just read it, I'd've never believed it. Is nothing sacred that thieves won’t have a go at? :crazy:
This country is just forever disappointing me to the depths that some folk it will sink to. :doh::(

:eek:
And someone said to me a while ago that “if it's not welded on then it's not safe”, puts a whole new complexion on that statement. Catalytic converters being stolen, just unbelievable. In fact if I hadn't just read it, I'd've never believed it. Is nothing sacred that thieves won’t have a go at? :crazy:
This country is just forever disappointing me to the depths that some folk it will sink to. :doh::(

It gets worse - some people set their cruise control speed to 80mph on motorways!

it gets worse - some people set their cruise control speed to 80mph on motorways!

Too funny :D:D:D

The company I worked for 2 yrs ago had a fleet of about 130 vehicles. You could guarantee at least once a fortnight someone would phone in to say that their exhaust had developed a mysterious 'blow' over night while parked up. I would give them the address of their nearest ATS who we had an account with and within 1/2 hour I would get a phone call asking for an order number to cover a replacement CAT for a transit. Happened all over the country, wherever the crews` were working.

Large 4x4s are prime targets as it's easier to get underneath them. This has been big business for years in the USA and has now spread here. The rogues flog them for the precious metals to scrap dealers. It should be made illegal to buy a used cat. But there will always be the scally scrap merchant.

I suppose there could be the odd rogue, but almost all scrap dealers are honest, fair minded chaps.

Not.

Typical conversation:

"How much is a door for a 124 e class?"

Scrap dealer "£75"

"£75? They are only £50 down the road!"

SD "Buy it down the road then!"

"They haven't got any."

SD "Mine are £50 when I haven't got any!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom