Catering for tradesmen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You obviously can't give them your kettle, as you will need it yourself during the day, won't you? Do you not have a tradesmen kettle about the house? One kept for... well, tradesmen? Time to nip to the shops and get a cheap one for a tenner or so...

No - quite frankly, it's never occurred to me that I might need one. Besides, if I gave them a kettle, they'd then need a drinking water supply...

They seem to be getting on with it quite happily, so I suspect they've brought their own supplies. I may just nip out for the afternoon and stop worrying about it.

Somehow this entire thread reminds me of Frasier...

You'd be surprised Sweetpea, this is London you're talking about. Several builders I have come across went to Slough comprehensive.

That's what I was dreading - that they'd ask for some blend I don't have and I'd end up making them feel awkward by having to go and get it in specially. I really should have thought about this sooner.

The way to deal with this is by not asking an open-ended question... instead you should opt for something along the line of 'would PG Tips be OK?'

That is, assuming that you actually have PG Tips, but I am sure you will now tell us that only drink the most exquisite Ceylon tea.. :doh:

Well I suppose under these circumstances Jeremy Clarkson would probably say 'well, in this case, then no, MOCAŠ, you can not have tradesmen around the house'.

:D

Last edited:
Somehow this entire thread reminds me of Frasier...

You'd be surprised Sweetpea, this is London you're talking about. Several builders I have come across went to Slough comprehensive.

In the context of this thread, am I might to assume that Slough is posh? :crazy:

The way to deal with this is by not asking an open-ended question... instead you should opt something along the line of 'would PG Tips be OK?'

That is, assuming that you actually have PG Tips, but I am sure you will now tell us that only drink the most exquisite Ceylon tea.. :doh:)

No PG Tips I'm afraid. Not even sure what goes into that, I just remember the chimps that used to advertise it.

Probably best not to say what my preferred tea is...

They may enjoy browsing through your album of number plates over a nice cup of Thunderbolt Giddapahar Musk 2009 ...

Ahh... a fellow connoisseur, then? :D

This is how I imagine you in my minds eye Mocas....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how I imagine you in my minds eye Mocas....

mind's eye, rather.;)

(yes!!! I scored one at last) :bannana:

If they ask for tea tell them "Oi your here to work and not drink bloody tea all day" " and pull your trousers up as well !!!"

I like Darjeeling, but I'm no connoisseur.

Quite cheap, you can get it in either bag or loose from Tesco from Twinnings. Its cheaper by the box loose, thats if you really really want to treat them. However with the loose tea you're scuppered if you dont have a tea strainer of some kind. Maybe PG tips or tetleys would be your best bet. I mean without soundging rude, they're not going to be members of the women's Institute and slate you for 'giving them a lesser tea' ;)

Mocas.
This has to be one of the funniest threads ever on this forum...

That would also be a problem for me. I only use spring water in my kettle, so as not to taint the taste of teas and infusions. I can't see them understanding this, somehow...

Tea is an infusion, so you would (possibly) have been more correct in saying "...teas and other infusions...".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom