Catless Downpipes - Ok for a daily driver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irfan1712

Car
w213 AMG E63s
I though i'd ask this in a separate thread instead of the one i started a few days ago regarding the valves being stuck closed in my rear boxes (which MSL are hopefully able to sort next week).

while im there im considering catless downpipes. I'll be retaining the factory performance exhaust, valves will hopefully either be removed to prevent further issues or atleast fixed (although id rather them removed to prevent further issues!). Would catless downpipes be too much for a daily driver - i know everyone has different thresholds and im no stranger to a noisy car, but as i do a lot of miles in the E63, im just wondering if it will be a little excessive. Would it cause drone in the cabin, are long journeys annoying? Or am i over thinking this?

the standard cats would likely be cut out and not reusable, as dropping the gearbox is a big job that'll take a few days which i'd rather avoid.

cheers
Irf

I had Weistec ones in the w212 e63, they were loud, but if you keep the centre box it will be fine, nice bark and growl when you put your foot down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom