Caught cheating on the star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
Picked up my new motor today. Hope you like the piccies...

C270 gone but never forgotten....

Attachments

• IS250-ext2.jpg
    IS250-ext2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IS250-ext3.jpg
    IS250-ext3.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IS250-int3.jpg
    IS250-int3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Welcome to the defectors forum (moved).

Very nice by the way :D

Nice car and nice colour!

Now the whole internet knows where you live!

(Might want to take the interior satnav shot somewhere that is not on your drive!)

Regards,

KJ

Enjoy your new wheels from Fukuda.;)

How does one "attach" a picture rather than go thru the image hosting website?

Subtle and classy. Niiiice!!

first saw the new IS at the New York Motor Show in 2005 (I think!) .. liked it then, and now.

If I was looking for a 4 door, it would be a real contender.

excellent choice.

Looks very nice....good choice....almost as good as a MB.:D

Will be interesting to read about your dealings with Lexus dealers..

Could you tell me what tyres are on please? Also, what is the noise level like inside at 30 /50/70 mph? Is there a lot of road noise?
Thanks!! (Thinking about one myself!)
Steve

clocks look better than the old model

Could you tell me what tyres are on please? Also, what is the noise level like inside at 30 /50/70 mph? Is there a lot of road noise?
Thanks!! (Thinking about one myself!)
Steve

Steve,

It is nearly totally silent at all speeds. Over coarse surfaces there is a bit of road noise but it's only because you can't hear the engine. Even then the road noise is fine. Let me guess you've been reading "What Car" magazine.
That magazine is garbage. I don't think they've ever driven the car. Unsettled around town ? Nonsense. Road noise ? Nonsense. Unsettled on motorway ? Nonsense. Don't read the mag just drive one. The bluetooth phone system is amazing. I rang the missus up today to try it out. "Are you ringing from work ?" she asked. "No I'm on the motorway slip road accelerating upto 70 mph". She could not hear anything apart from my crystal clear voice. The things that sold this car to me were classy interior, more toys than you can shake a stick at and quietness, refineness of engine. It's a beauty ! Oh and don't get me on to the reverse parking camera and rear electric blinds...:)

.....or the F1 style paddles on the steering wheel....pure class

Very nice :)

Like the colour especially :D

I appreciate its early days --- but what's your real life fuel consumption like?

I appreciate its early days --- but what's your real life fuel consumption like?

My C270 used to do about 34 mpg to work and 36 mpg back.

My new one so far...27 mpg to work today and 31 mpg back.

It should get better once the engine loosens up hopefully.

I've worked out all the running costs (insurance, warranty, servicing,fuel etc) and if I average 27 mpg then the running costs are almost identical to the Merc.

Very nice car, congratulations. May I ask what influenced your choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom