Caught front bumper on kerb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adrian5405

Car
2010 C180 Komp Sport (1.6) W204.
Hi all, whilst driving into a parking space today i went a bit too far foward and caught the bottom of the bumpet on the kerb, when i reversed off there was a rather unpleasant scraping sound.
When i got out to have a look all wasnt well.
On the drivers side there is a gap of about 1/2 inch between the edge of the bumper and front wing where the two meet.
Its almost as if the bumper needs lifting a bit.

Any ideas if it may have damaged some clips or something, i guess there has to be something to hold the bumper and wing together.

Any thoughts or advise gratefully received (i havnt told the wife yet):doh:

Ouch -Try a quick Google - you will find a number of Youtube videos that may help you.

You have my sympathies, similar happened to me, years ago, shortly after I got my 210. Another time, I also managed to damage a side skirt on another curb in a different carpark. :(

It may have just popped off the clip like you say
Pop the bumper off and it will give far more information

Sounds like one of the mountings has snapped. As long as it is not part of the bumper plastic that has snapped off, it should be quite an easy repair.

Many thanks for the replies, i had a quick look this morning before going to work and i noticed the wheel arch liner has also come uncliped.
There looks to be two or three push in clips that hold the liner and bumper together but the liner has pulled over the clips.

Day off work tomorrow so ill try to have a better look at it then.

Oh the joys.

If it's pulled over the fasteners you should be OK to save it all :)

I certainly hope so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom