Caught in the act!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machasm

This guy must be an offshoot species to the usual Darwinians as it didn't kill him but was pretty stupid nonetheless.
Mac.

Its says in the article that the maximum penalty for "assaulting" a speed camera is 10 years in Prison - BUT if you were to assault someone innocent on the street or even murder someone and claim Manslaughter then its usually Community Service/Caution at the most and a very small fine of a couple hundred quid usually as compensation towards the victim at some ridiculous rate of £1.50 per week or something...:rolleyes:

Flash said:
Its says in the article that the maximum penalty for "assaulting" a speed camera is 10 years in Prison - BUT if you were to assault someone innocent on the street or even murder someone and claim Manslaughter then its usually Community Service/Caution at the most and a very small fine of a couple hundred quid usually as compensation towards the victim at some ridiculous rate of £1.50 per week or something...:rolleyes:

I think in fairness you are talking about the maximum penatly in one example and perhaps the lower of of punishment in your other one's, but I take your point.

If you do want to murder someone, then simply run them over and apologise!!! It will probably fit into the lower end of your examples??

John

glojo said:
If you do want to murder someone, then simply run them over and apologise!!! It will probably fit into the lower end of your examples??

John

Or get married and suffer a life sentance, with extra time for good behaviour:D

Its a good idea this camera blowing up. how long would it take to get all 20,000 done?

I read in yestyerday's paper that there are now only a little over 500 prison 'spaces' left (standing room?). That being so, if this guy gets a custodial, I'll be angry.

Still think he's a tw@ though...

PJ

I think the saddest part of the whole story (not printed in the article) is that it was not even a speed camera and no pictures of his car were taken prior to his vandalism.

Did I not already explain that the best way to get rid of speed cameras is to not speed? If they bring no money in then they will be shut down pretty quickly.

Shude said:
Did I not already explain that the best way to get rid of speed cameras is to not speed? If they bring no money in then they will be shut down pretty quickly.

No!

its a bit way out but it mite work. then they will have to introduce road pricing in some form to pay for the schools hospitals etc etc. Mind you, if we all sell out cars 2 then they will be forced into actualy adressing the problems they face at the moment.

one day it will all come right.

bring up speed camera jousting:-

get an old pickup truck and a telegraph pole.

go out seeking cameras

pole is 'accidently' left off to one side...

the fun of the game is that you have to speed to hit the camera - if you miss, you get flashed - if you hit - goodbye camera.

not that I would condone such irresponsible action of course.... ;)

poor old Jeffrey Stott, 41, of Oldham, was jailed for three years after admitting being paid to claim falsely that he had been at the wheel of more than 50 cars that had been caught speeding.

3 years!

blassberg said:
poor old Jeffrey Stott, 41, of Oldham, was jailed for three years after admitting being paid to claim falsely that he had been at the wheel of more than 50 cars that had been caught speeding.

3 years!
He must have racked some points up from 50 counts of speeding though surely?

Shude said:
He must have racked some points up from 50 counts of speeding though surely?

I wonder what the true story is behind this chap, 50 counts seems an extraordinary amount IF he was using his own documentation??

I note that the chap that blew up the speed camera has actually been restrained from contacting witnesses in the case?? I just wonder what type of decent, upright, law abiding person this is to actually have a restriction like that?

The government is working very hard indeed to encourage the media NOT to make a big issue out of speed camera 'assassination' ;) ;) for fear of public reaction and copy cat acts of criminal damage!!! As ever, I am all in favour of the proper use of speed camera's, but the wanton siting of these revenue collectors is never going to win over the vast majority of law abiding drivers.

Camera's that catch an extraordinary amount of motorists are clearly NOT acting as a deterrent, so WHY are they there?

Reduce speed limits outside our school (when required) and other vunerable locations and make the punishment a six point offence!

John

glojo said:
I wonder what the true story is behind this chap, 50 counts seems an extraordinary amount IF he was using his own documentation??

John

If he knows he is going to get disqualified (say, for a 3rd drink-driving offence, which would be a long ban), adding further points whilst awaiting trial would make no difference to him (other than the 3 years inside he has now earnt).

Gotta say, didn't he think (ah, there it is, *think*) that this might stand out somewhat more than a hard-up student taking the rap for someone else?

Thing is, if you *think* you are smarter than everyone else, you are well on the way to proving you aren't...

:crazy:

Swiss Toni said:
Thing is, if you *think* you are smarter than everyone else, you are well on the way to proving you aren't...

:D How true,
Without knowing ANY of the facts I wonder if he was printing out hookey licences, or something else that folks 'thought' would get them off the motoring offence.

I just find it all really strange, surely the DVLA would pick up on anyone that had an unreasonable number of active convictions??

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom