Cause of tire problem ? Only rear right, I had to change it after 15000kms, do you know if the cause can be Spring rubbers ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it was toe misalignment I'd expect signs of distress on the other tyre trying to combat it's waywardness.

First you need to make sure there is no play or abnormanl movement in the suspension components (i.e. worn rubber bushes or ball joints) Then you need to get your car on a wheel alignment machine. The main things you are interested in are the camber and toe of the wheels (are they within the manufacturers specifications). This will almost certainly lead you to find the problem.

First you need to make sure there is no play or abnormanl movement in the suspension components (i.e. worn rubber bushes or ball joints) Then you need to get your car on a wheel alignment machine. The main things you are interested in are the camber and toe of the wheels (are they within the manufacturers specifications). This will almost certainly lead you to find the problem.

Thank you for trying to help but there is not rear wheels alignment on c-class w205....
only front.

OP, the rubbers that the springs rest in are unlikely to be the problem , and if they are they are actually quite easy to replace . Once the car has been jacked up and the road wheel removed it is simply 2 bolts (pivot and shock absorber) that need to be removed and the arm can be lowered under spring pressure with a trolley jack and replaced the same way.

Not saying it's an easy DIY job , but far from difficult .

You say "no one understands the problem...." Here is what I understand from the one photo you have posted . There is absolutely no way that the damage to that tyre is a result of wheel alignment (other than visible major component failure) . A solid object has rubbed on the tyre or it is a manufacturing fault (unlikely).

Thats how I understand it.

clearly it cannot be an alignment problem, but it's also not a solid object. Maybe manufacturing fault but I also hardly believe it on a Michelin.

Sigh, rear wheels can be out of alignment.

You are confusing simple “adjustability” with alignment. Any wheel can be badly aligned.

As has been said, it could be that a faulty wheel was thrown onto the car by a dealer if he sold it to you 15k ago.

That said, the wear does look to be more likely to have been physical damage / wear at some point.

Good luck / drive safe

If a good wheel alignment provider is struggling to get to the bottom of this, you can take it to the best to find the reason

But, it might not be convenient or cheap.

I have been working on vehicles now for 30 years (both as a mechanic, and on my own vehicles), and I have never seen a multilink rear suspension setup that didn't have any adjustments on it....... Are you sure that the rear suspension cannot be adjusted?????.

As a side note:- Others are saying here it looks like your wheel may be damaged from the pictures you posted, but for some reason I cannot see these pictures.......

From the picture you sent it looks like the rear tyre has done much more than 9,500 miles, unless you drive really aggressive.
I looks to me that wheel may have hit a kerb at some time previously and knocked out the alignment.
A Hunter alignment will tell you if its still within tolerance, but i'm unsure if it is adjustable.
tyre akignment.JPG

I know it's only Ebay , but in the photo the concentric bolt can be clearly seen in the bottom right hand corner. Not sure why MB might go backwards in design (they have done it before :) ) but my 2006 S203 C class has con centric adjustment on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom