Cazoo ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
As above people , has anyone used them and if so was it a good / bad experience ?

Son is looking for a new car and we have managed to whittle it down to :

2018-9 Fiesta / ST Line / three door / white or grey / 125 or 140hp / nav / >20k miles / max £12k.

There is absolutely nothing doing locally that tick all the above boxes , but there is south of the border or via Cazoo.

Neither of us have the time to be travelling around the country searching for the right vehicle but Cazoo offer free delivery.

It would be a single one off outright payment and selling his car privately / WBAC or trading in his Fiesta and paying the balance so no finance involved.

Cheers - K

I haven’t used them but I can’t imagine buying a car I haven’t seen.

Cars rarely match the “excellent unmarked condo” advertised by the vendor.

I haven’t used them but I can’t imagine buying a car I haven’t seen.

Cars rarely match the “excellent unmarked condo” advertised by the vendor.

They have pictures of any damage / marks on their website , possibly to prevent the cars being rejected due to undisclosed damage when delivered.

K

personally I would want to see it first, drive it check the engine / gearbox for issues, drive it for a good test drive etc. Buying blind is always a massive risk in my opinion.

I wouldnt use them, but thats me.

Based on the 7 day right to return i think its worth a punt.

personally I would want to see it first, drive it check the engine / gearbox for issues

100% agree , unfortunately if you have a certain criteria then north of the border is a bit of a wasteland compared to further south. Both my cars (BM + Porsche) were both reserved online , one from Williams Manchester the other from J Holland in Sheffield and both turned out fine , balance was paid after a test drive etc.

Anyway , i have located two cars that fit the bill from Lookers Ford in Middlesburgh and at present doing the financial "dance" with the sales people.

K

I agree with seeing the car.

The paintwork and the shut-lines cannot be assessed by photos, and I wouldn't buy a car that had shoddy body repairs done to it.

And, a test drive will reveal suspension noises (creaks, thuds, clunks, squeaks, groans, rattles....), if the car drives straight, the steering wheel is centred, etc etc.

The 7-day return policy does help, but ultimately it's a pain to buy a car and give it back.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a car unseen, other than in exceptional circumstances.

The cost implications of cancellation insurance in 7 days gives me the shivers...

If insurd online one has 14 days to cancel for no charge except the days insured.

interesting - my policy wordings says I’ll still be charged a cancellation fee within 14 days...

interesting - my policy wordings says I’ll still be charged a cancellation fee within 14 days...

If there is a fee it won’t be much, most likely just an admin charge.

Deal done through Lookers Ford :

Well spec`d wee motor , over and above the standard stuff it has lane departure warning , adaptive cruise , 18" alloys , traffic sign recognition , Apple Carplay.

We got more than WBAC initial (enticing) offer plus the car was around £1k less than local models and it was exactly what he was looking for. For me the mileage was a bit high compared to others but with him only doing around 3k a year it wont be long before it has average or less than average miles.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom