Cclass W204 Door Mirror LED Repeater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi Chaps, some very kind soul decided that my LED repeater on the passenger side door mirror needed smashing whilst parked at Sainsburys. I have order the part but have no idea how to go about replacing it. Could some kind person explain the process to me in simple steps please. Paul

Hi, you don't say which type door mirror you have,the original fitted to the very early cars or the newer 2 finger design which is much more common across the range. If it's the latter have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1HfQ7Jsw8
Once the cover is off it's pretty self explanatory, 1 screw & a bit of double sided tape if I remember correctly. If you have the early type try searching youtube.

There is definitely a video which shows how to do the replacement as I used it to do mine.
Google Mercedes W204 wing mirror indicator replacement and that should lead you to it.

Hi.. I have just replaced both my wing mirror indicators and will try and explain how to do it-
1. With mirrors in their normal out position push mirror assembly fully forward to expose a small slot, this you need to put a flat bladed screwdriver in and push this will release the cover partially

ForumRunner_20170629_150323.jpg
2. Now with a plastic release tool or a flat bladed screwdriver covered in tape to prevent damage work round the cover between the black bezel and painted cover carefully unclipping it until it is fully free, the plug and socket is made so it automatically unplugs when cover is released

ForumRunner_20170629_150727.jpg
3. Now remover 2 x torx screws that hold the indicator in the cover, then unclip wiring and plug from the cover

4. Reassemble in reverse order

Hope this helps as most videos showed removing the glass mirror from the housing and if they were to break it would be very expensive to replace.

Last edited:
Hi Chaps, some very kind soul decided that my LED repeater on the passenger side door mirror needed smashing whilst parked at Sainsburys. I have order the part but have no idea how to go about replacing it. Could some kind person explain the process to me in simple steps please. Paul

Are you on about the actual clear lens which covers the bulb?

Can you please post a link to the video for future reference - thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom