CCM Spitfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DoberMan

SUPPORTER
Car
All gone now.E 220 Convertible, 2x190E, 2xC180, 1xB180 sport.
I've placed my order for a CCM Spitfire Bobber.

Hand built in Bolton. Limited run of 500 for this version of Spitfire.

Due to be built around December and hope to receive in the new year.

Not everyones cup of tea but I like it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful bike.

Aaah Clews Competition Machines. I remember when they made Off road 4 Strokes that were (on occasion) fabulous, but more often than not a liability. But were normally ridden by real MEN ! :mad:
Looks nice, enjoy it when it arrives.

You were watching the motorbike show last week then?
I took a shine to them too. Lovely looking bike.

You were watching the motorbike show last week then?
I took a shine to them too. Lovely looking bike.

No I didn't see that. I lusted after the original Spitfire that was released last year with a limited run of 150 (sold out in days) but the seat was too high for these little legs so this version will be perfect for me. Not sat on it or seen it in the flesh so a gamble I'm hoping will pay off.

Never before have I been so impetuous. Found out about it Monday and ordered one Tuesday!

Just need to sell 2 bikes now to pay for it!

Reactions: Ted
Aaah Clews Competition Machines. I remember when they made Off road 4 Strokes that were (on occasion) fabulous, but more often than not a liability. But were normally ridden by real MEN ! :mad:
Looks nice, enjoy it when it arrives.

They still make Off Road machines today but this is a new direction for them.

The founder George Alan Clews died earlier this month aged 79. A shame he won't see the development of this new venture.
He may of course be turning in his grave!

A friend had a 640DS early on in his biking career. Having not ridden it for a couple of weeks, the battery went flat and he proceeded to attempt to kick start it.

His only previous experience with a kickstart was the Cagiva SuperCity he'd owned as a learner, which you could start by hand. How we laughed as the recalcitrant Rotax lump kicked back and pitched him off. :doh:

Not everyones cup of tea but I like it.

I personaly don't like the whitewall tyres.

But apart from that minor foible..... big single in a nice setup like that .... why not? I can remember when there was a revival of big singles back in the 80s. This looks way better.

Shame that the clean lines are going to be ruined by the addition of a number plate - craftily left off the bike in the first video!

Shame that the clean lines are going to be ruined by the addition of a number plate - craftily left off the bike in the first video!

I agree and the same applies to most bikes. The bike in the 2nd video is a different model so I don't know whether the number plate will be mounted the same way. Presumably it will be, I forgot to ask the question in my excitement. I did ask about mirrors and they will be bar-end mounted.

Yes, I quite like it there, better than hanging over the wheel and sticking out a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom