CCTV system for the home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Looking at needing to get a CCTV system for home due to a few issues recently.

Been looking around and generally I think a system with a DVR that does H.264 and 3 or 4 CCD cameras with a 15m focal length should so the trick, but looking for some advice from people who have already have them.

Really don't want to spend more than about £230 and internet access is a nice to have but not a requirement.

People's views/recommendations ???

Maplins seem to do a good range.

Gets well slagged off by those who claim to know about these things when brought up in technical forums.

Had a couple of quotes for CCTV installation by local alarm companies. Couldn't really see any difference between their stuff and the Maplin stuff.

My thought was just to get the Maplins stuff and put it in myself. Try it and if I didn't like it look for something better and reuse the cabling that I'd already put in for the upgrade.

It's a pity that that there are not some nice little solar + battery IP wireless devices that could be put up ubiquitously without cabling and reusing existing home wireless networking.

The new wave of cctv cameras based on google android OS. All devices connected to home wireless router... Have I stumbled upon something?

Looking at needing to get a CCTV system for home due to a few issues recently.

Been looking around and generally I think a system with a DVR that does H.264 and 3 or 4 CCD cameras with a 15m focal length should so the trick, but looking for some advice from people who have already have them.

Really don't want to spend more than about £230 and internet access is a nice to have but not a requirement.

People's views/recommendations ???

Something like this:

Wholesale 600TVL 4ch CCTV System,4ch DVR Kit with 600TVL IR Bullet Outdoor Cameras and 4ch D1 DVR, Free shipping, $224.67-229.9/Piece | DHgate

Looks like a nice kit. and a good price for the gear included. I have used wireless single cams from ebay 25 euro. Sadly the direct sun mucks them up after a couple of years but they work fine. I prefer wired though because unencrypted cams mean other people might look from my point of view. Lidl aldi whatever have 4 channel kits about 100 quid sometimes. But i never used one. The cams i bought were also only 480 tvl with 50 leds. range supposed to be about 50 metres but really only lit about 20-30 feet. I could see around farther because of street lights but not that clear.

This is the ebay shop of someone on a forum I am on, many members have bought CCTV equipment off him with no complaints. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GlobeTeck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom