CD album titles/track titles do not display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anderoo

Car
C350 coupe
This is on a 2006 C350 with COMAND (not sure which version it would be?). Since I've had the car, whenever I play CDs the name of the album and the track don't display, it just says 'Track 1'. This is when playing the CD via the multi-changer (the single slot in COMAND has the navigation DVD in it).

Any ideas? I assume it's supposed to show the album and track titles?

Purchased CD or did you burn it yourself?

I don't think purchased CDs generally have the album and track names included electronically, so there's nothing for the car to present to you.

If it was an mp3 CD that you'd burnt yourself, I'm sure it would share the info.

I get track names (original CD only) but not album title on my late 2004 Command system through the 6 CD autochanger, but even then not on all my original CD's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It requires the names to have been included on the disc when it was written; I can't remember which format it is (Joliet maybe?), but it's another one of those things that never really took off.

The CDs must have this info on them as when I add them to itunes to get them onto my ipod, all the relevant info is there.

Odd that it works (some of the time, at least) for Dizz!

It's not really a problem but I do find it a little confusing. The usual answer to this type of thing is 'this can be fixed on STAR'...?

When you add them to iTunes you'll find it's connecting to the internet to download the information about the disc (Windows Media Player will do the same thing, but I think it asks you first).

By default it's just "track 01", "track 02".

The CDs must have this info on them as when I add them to itunes to get them onto my ipod, all the relevant info is there.

Odd that it works (some of the time, at least) for Dizz!

It's not really a problem but I do find it a little confusing. The usual answer to this type of thing is 'this can be fixed on STAR'...?

Ok so just been playing with my CD's and I was wrong on one point, where I get the album title I also get the track title too (I didn't think I always got both but I do)

I have tried about a dozen CD's, a mix of old and new all of which were proper shop bought CD'S and not home burnt/ripped blank ones.

And I only found two that worked!

4acabb11adca230c3f8b022c6e3f2cc8.jpg

f46f5085d98eb10b1e92a08ca8de2c25.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers Dizz, I guess mine so far just don't have that info then - thanks for checking!

Cheers everyone. Think I'll go back to just ignoring it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom