CD changer magazine stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLK 320 2005 for fun C220 cdi Estate 2013 for social and domestic
The magazine in my CD changer is stuck in the unit. I had removed the magazine normally and loaded a CD in each slot. Command just saying "CD loading" forever. Tried to remove magazine but not coming out. The eject button briefly flashes green when pressed but that all. Any ideas before I get the crow bar out?

Well I seem to remember we had a detailed how too on this a while ago,am I right that the cd changer is behind the seat,if so you have to take the cover of the B post and to be fair I cannot remember what went on next,look hit the net with how do I remove the cd player in a sl500,on this site in 2008 a guy gave a detailed account of what to do.

Are you using original CD's or burnt one's, copies will stick in the magazine and usually mean taking the changer apart if the disconnect wont release the magazine.

Are you using original CD's or burnt one's, copies will stick in the magazine and usually mean taking the changer apart if the disconnect wont release the magazine.
No all originals. Will get the mallet out this evening!

Managed to get it to eject the magazine by tapping it with a screwdriver handle whilst pressing the eject button. Going in and out now ok but once in it says no cd in magazine? All very odd.

Perhaps the mechanism for loading cd's into the slot is worn out therefore getting stuck?
My changer stopped working last year and I had to send it to a repair shop to replace the loading charger motor.
Now it works like new.
Vibrations from stiff car suspension causes stress on cd-changer therefore it will eventually break.

Martin Thats not a problem, if they are upside down, or not ,,they are stuck in there . Silverblue .need them out . I have operated on a few CD players, and once they start to play , up it is just best to replace them ..

Had a fiddle today and now working normally. Once I got the magazine going in and out several times no problem I looked inside with magazine out and could see the little arm with hook end on that would pull disc in was going to each disc place and slightly twitching. Juggled the mechanism around a bit with long thin screwdriver in case some thing was stuck and something suddenly moved! Put magazine back it and it's working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom