CD Changer - "No Changer"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobBooth

Hi,
My comand unit isn't recognising the multichanger and I'm getting a "No changer" message. I can hear the changer cycling through the disks so it's getting power, the problem looks to be the connection between the head unit and the changer itself.
Can anyone recommend anything I can check / look at to try and pin point or sort the problem?

Cheers

Rob

Mine does this every now and then was really bad when i first got the car seeming to lose the changer every time ign switched off, has been okay for some time now, temporary cure is to keep removing the cartridge and refitting it until it works then dont touch it:)

Lynall

there was a recent thread suggesting the fault lies with the plug on the changer , do a search

Mine has just started coming up with a message saying "magazine empty!" Any ideas on that one? (yes it does have cd`s in it!!)

Bob

there was a recent thread suggesting the fault lies with the plug on the changer , do a search

I saw a thread with a link to another site which basically had the guy using electrician's tape to keep the optical connector in the changer. Worked for him so I guess I'll give it a go.
The changer does give a response on wake-up but after that nothing.

Oh - and I bought a replacement item but it turned out it doesn't have the optical fibre connection if anyone's interested? Brand new, boxed with mounting arm for ML - W163. :)

Rob i rear that post and my plug was and still is tight.

Lynall

I don't know what to suggest Lynall, I'm still having the same problem too.

Anyone?
Is the changer goosed?
Is there a way of checking the optical fibre connection? I've read about the comand unit sending a wake-up call and that does work as I hear the changer clicking to life when I do the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom