CD changer not talking to comand , what to check first ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maddog

I have the 6 cd changer in my w210 E320 CDI, i recently had comand retrofitted , all worked fine for some months and then occasionaly the comand unit would say a cd slot on the changer was empty when it wasnt

sometimes the comand unit would lock up with not output from the changer and not allow you to change to radio , more recently the comand just says no cd changer fitted

the cd changer still has power so does this sound like a problem with the fibre optic connections???

What the best way of checking for the fault ???

Look at the error list from COMAND, clear the errors, and see what re-occurs.

Look on www.mercupgrades.com for my Comand Diagnostic mode document - theres a link in it showing the list of what the error codes mean also -

R

Great helps as usual Richard , thanks

I cleared the errors and the cd works again , i had the error (N1112 No data transfer between D2B master and D2B predecessor component possible) listed and i guess this is the one thats causing the problem

I also had lost of N1204 recorded but i guess thats normal

2 questions

I have software version REL.V13.06 do i need to update this if so how???

I have a bose analogue amp but its not configured on the configuration menu can i change this and can i set up the unit to permit text via the viseeo unit ???

Right ongoing problem

No new fault codes on N1204 which are to do with the phone

CD Changer either comes up as "no magazine" or you just get white noice when you select it although a cd appears to be playing

Sadly, that sounds like the CDC has had it

R

Mine has done this and when it said cd dead/ not fitted the linguatronic also packed up.

Its been fine for the last 4/5 weeks but according to the comand there are only 4 cds (says 5 and 6 empty) in the cartridge and i know for a fact there is 6 but have left alone, so maybe either my cd player is dead or a new cartridge would be worth a go?

When mine showed no cartridge i removed the cartridge and sometimes it was stuck pushing the eject button and a few hard jabs and out came the cartridge back in and all would be ok for a few days and it would do it again.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom