CD changer on W210 E320 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Hi,

New to this forum, but can't seem to be able to find the answer by searching.

I have the Comand unit, and last night removed it to clean the lens and rollers - all works now :) , and found that on the left side there is a fibre optic cable plugged in. Is this for the CD changer ??? If so where abouts would it come out ???

TIA
Mark

This should help to show where the Cd changer is located.

carpics016.jpg

carpics015.jpg

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks for that, now to clear the rubbish out from there and see what I find.

I have had a look and found what looks like the bracket for the changer and also a couple of electronic boxes attachded to it, which I think is to do with the phone system.
There is a optic cable going into the top one (can be seem on the right side of attached pic). Can I splice into this to feed a CD changer, if so how ?? also what about power as unable to find any spare plugs around there.

TIA
Mark

Attachments

• CLOC.jpg
    CLOC.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 65
Thats the integrated phone controller you can see there

Have a look round for the CDC power wiring, a small black 3 pin plug, and yes, you can connect things into the fibre optic loom, there are special joiners

[edit, otherwise you have to run power cable from the head unit. When you had COMAND removed, did it have a C1 plug, small 8 pin squareish plug, thats the one with the CDC power wiring ? ]

R

Thanks Richard,

I'll have another look for the 3 pin plug.

Yes I think there was a C1 plug in the back of the unit, well there was the fibre optic, ISO connector, GPS connector, and a 4th connector above the ISO which was located and lock in place by a sliding clip.

TIA
Mark

THe lock in clip connector is the C2. The C1 is the small, hard to get out, one next to it

R

Thanks again Richard,

I'll have to take the unit out again to confirm.

If I don't have the C1 connector, how easy is it to get a loom or parts to get the wiring from the unit to the CD changer.

Also what parts are needed for the fibre optic

TIA
Mark

Last edited:
On mine all the fibre optic cables seem to form a ring main ie into one device and out to the next, but using only one plug per device.

Pretty certian one box is for the phone and havent a clue about the other two:(

Lynall

Last edited:
On mine all the fibre optic cables seem to form a ring main ie into one device and out to the next, but using only one plug per device.

Pretty certian one box is for the phone and havent a clue about the other two:(

Lynall

The top one would be the phone controller (I believe it reads "Nokia" somewhere) and the bottom one must be for voice control.

DB thanks i wouldnt have guessed, that and yes it has got linguatronic:D so top box is phone, bottom is voice any idea what the silver box behind the 2 black ones is?

Lynall

Well it seems like I have no power connector for a CD Change installed. So is this product what I need and is the price acceptable (I know I will need db2 for the changer, but that is the easy part to resolve)

ProductView1.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom