CD Changer/Phone Again

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Robbruce, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Robbruce

Robbruce Member

Car:
    C220 CDI Avantgade Estate with sport pack
    Hi All carn't remember if i have said hello yet so here it is HELLO. This site and the sister site are great no need to post the answers are all here or so i thought. My newly perchased C270 CDI estate 02 which i can't believe how good it is has this problem the head unit does not recognise either of the above i have checked the connections on the CD changer and head unit i then tried to find the phone control unit said to be in the back left to make sure the optical lead is ok but carn't see it mainly because i don't know what i am looking for Can any one please help me with a picture of this or just more info.

Thanks

Rob Bruce

2. alibally

alibally Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W169 A160 and Smart 451
    The cd and phone are linked in series by the fibre optic cables. If either one of the units fail the both will go down. To check what is giving the problem remove the optical lead from either unit and take the leads out of the plug and join the with a bit of rubberhose or similer and then see if the other unit is now recognised. If it still isn't then it may be the other unit. The cd is probably easier to remove as there is only one screw holding it in. See how you get on with this and post back.

3. OP
    OP
    Robbruce

Robbruce Member

Car:
    C220 CDI Avantgade Estate with sport pack
    Hi alibally thanks for the reply i had a look at the changer conection but couldn't see how to get the leads out of the conector by the way when i turn on the stereo the red optic lead flahes.

4. charddude

charddude New Member

Car:
    E-Class Estate E300TD Avantgarde
    Hi rob, have you tried taking the cd changer out of the equation? the CD changer generally comes b4 the phone on the optic loop. I have had this problem b4 on a 208 chassis CLK. turned out the return optic feed in the changer was broken. Replaced the CD changer with a new D2B changer and the comand recognized to phone kit straight away. There is a small green insert in the plug that you have to remove with a small pick or something this will then allow you to split the plug apart. Don't worry about how it goes back together as the 2 different optics will only go one way round in the plug when you put it back together.

hope this helps

Chard

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  5. alibally

alibally Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W169 A160 and Smart 451
    Thanks charddude.

6. OP
    OP
    Robbruce

Robbruce Member