cd changer problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercman111

SUPPORTER
Car
mercedes w209 350
i have a 53 reg w209 which has the cd changer in the glove box,the stereo is saying no mag when there is,it will not eject (the mag)i have tried diconnecting the batt for an hour no change

i have a 53 reg w209 which has the cd changer in the glove box,the stereo is saying no mag when there is,it will not eject (the mag)i have tried diconnecting the batt for an hour no change
Try rapping the cartridge with the handle of a screw driver whilst pressing the eject button. Usually works but you may have to try a couple of times. It seems to be due to the lube in the player drying out.

Another possibility is a disc not fully retracting into its carrier. I managed to recover mine by stripping the whole thing down :eek: Not a job for the faint hearted or butter fingers.

I have one of those and it failed to open once or twice , at one point the sliding door would not open. I don't really use it but it is only one screw to remove it from the glovebox to give it a slap or two. As mentioned , it's old and might need a bit of lube ...applied gently in the right places ;)

at the moment i get no sound unless the glove box cd changer is connected,what do i have to do to get sound without the changer

Yours is probably different to mine . My car has a orange fibre optic cable and a power cable plugged into the back of the glovebox changer. Mine has Audio 20 Cd radio (523) connected to Harman kardon Logic 7 surround system (810) in the rear load area and when the glovebox CD changer has a 'wobbly' the rest of the system still works , even the single CD in the head unit.

I believe on some head units there is actually a fuse on the back = unit out to check it.

sorted replaced it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom