CD drawer not opening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parkman1

Car
Mercedes E220: W126 500se; W124 260E
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me an idea of how to get the CD drawer to open, on an '04 W211 E220 cdi. It was working OK, but I don't use it very much and I happened to press the CD button on the front of the radio, in the centre below the display and all I got was a rather strange sort of grating sound. As if something was trying to work but couldn't lift the drawer front.

This is a 6 disc loader positioned below the radio, and the disc are inserted one after the other.

Any idea's would be appreciated.

parkman

Hi

Sounds like you need to remove that section and then work what cog is broken (or whats blocking it from moving) - you may need to buy a new/used one to replace it.

If you look on www.mercupgrades.com on the how to retrofit COMAND NTG1 to a W211, it tells you how to take it all out

Cheers

Richard

I did not close this post, as I found the problem.

I very rarely use the cd drive, and I had forgotten how it works. There is a six cd cartiridge under the radio, and it is operated by pressing the silver button on the cover below the radio.

Everything actually works as it is supposed to, but I had forgotten about the six cd cartridge, and I was trying to use the single cd slot in the radio, which doesn't work because of the installation of the six cd player..

parkman

and I was trying to use the single cd slot in the radio, which doesn't work because of the installation of the six cd player...

Might be different in your car but I have the CDC and my single slot DVD drive above the radio works fine as well...

:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom