CD stuck in audoi 20 head unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ewans

Car
CLS 250 CDI AMG Sport
We seem to have a CD stuck in the drive in our B class, i think the head unit is the audio 20. press the eject button and nothing happpens, nor will the Cd play or even be detected by the unit... but its definently in there!

Any suggestion on how to get it out?

thanks
e

A thin wide bladed knife inserted above the disc, very gently press down whilst pressing the eject button.

I had a similar issue with my DVD player not ejecting a disc. Seem to remember pushing the power button and eject at the same time. It ejected the disc however I noticed some scratches on the disc though.

I read somewhere else that if you tap around the CD 'mouth' whilst pressing the eject button the CD will eventually eject.

It sounded like an 'old wives tale' but I tried this with mine and .... it works.

i had this same issue last week, where my daughter tried to insert a cd when another one was already in there.i read around and what i did was, used an aa card and insert it into the slot, slighty lift the cd up, at the same time, used a precision scredriver and inserted into the left side of the slot to release the eject rollers and got my mate to push ject when i did that. took 4 attemps but it came out and works perfectly aswell.

If you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds it resets the unit and can enable the cd drive to start working again. If the car is still under warranty don't go shoving things in the cd slot or if the set needs replaced it may get rejected when it gets sent back to the factory for inspection. If there is a disc stuck in it drive,then a form gets filled in and the disc/discs are returned to you from the factory when its tested there.

Pressing the power and eject button together worked for me, with the assistance of 2 thin dinner knives either side of the disc. Surgery performed in broad daylight so you could see the disc try to pop itself out. I think my DVD got stuck because it was a DVD one side and Audio CD the other, therefore, a little thicker than the average DVD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom