CD Wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillH

Car
SLK 32
SO.. I installed my Sat Nav (great), hard wired the Road Angel in the box under the radio and managed to get the wiring for new the CD player right the way through to the boot... unfortunately, foolish though it seems, I managed to leave my CD cartridge (with six of my favorite CDs in it) in the old CD player when I took it out... .
The old player is about 4 months old and is the mercedes "fibre optic" version which has three wires coming from a small plug on the back in addition to the fibre optics. The wires are Brown, Purple and Red/Purple. Can anyone advise which of these to apply power to in order to drive the release mechanism. Thanks.

Don't know if mine is the same as yours (a rebadged Alpine) but it has a small hole in the front that allows a manual release with something small and sharp pushed into the hole. Have a look

Cheers
Andy

brown is negative earth
Purple I am guessing is the d2b wakeup
Red/purple I am guessing is + 12v

CD power looms seem to vary in colour schemes from car to car.

are you selling the Fibre optic Cd player? I think Flyer was after one & poss Shude

selling it... yes

... but only when I've got the CDs out of course. Thanks for your thoughts but unless I know for sure I don't want to apply power in case I damage something. I guess I'll have to try a dealer to get a definitive answer. Thanks again.
Bill

this is a bit heath robinson but

try connecting an ordinary car lght bulb to the brown ie earth and the purple/ red & see if it lights up. IF not try the purple.

those that light teh bulb are your power leads & should enable you to remove the cartridge.

failing that maybe someone from this forum may live near you that has a Cd changer with the same connections and may let you plug into their loom... just a thought

Originally posted by steve_bcs
failing that maybe someone from this forum may live near you that has a Cd changer with the same connections and may let you plug into their loom... just a thought
This is where knowing someone at the stealership comes in handy :)

thanks guys...... If there's anyone in the Camberley area that will let me plug my CD into their wiring I'd be grateful
Cheers
Bill

Thanks Andy

Yep... tried that but no hole anywhere... Thanks for trying though
Cheers
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom