CDC Cables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LennyMan

Car
CLK350
Hi All,

So I've managed to get myself a CDC, the Fibre and Power cables.

Unfortunately zero by way of instruction guides...

I managed to find details of how to dismantle my dash to get to everything, but I'm unclear on the following:-

Power cable: Brown, Pink, Blue (Brown is earth, where do I connect the other two?)

Optic cable - I presume I disconnect the "Out" of the existing cable by taking it out of the connector, connect with the joiner to the "In" of the CDC fibre and reconnect the "Out" of the CDC back to the original connector?

Any help appreciated as always.

Cheers,

There's loads on t'interwebs, pick the one closest to your particular setup.

Fixed!

:wallbash: if only I'd thought of that.....

Seriously though - trial an error and I managed to get it working perfectly:-

Pink -> 12v live
Blue -> CDC Wake-up (dedicated connector on back of Comand has this and the Earth connection, wake-up seems to read 10v)
Brown -> CDC Earth

Then:-

Uncouple the 'In' fibre from the CDC,
Uncouple the both fibres from the connector on the back of Comand
Take the "In" fibre from the Comand and join to 'In' of CDC with joiner
Take 'Out' from Comand, plug into CDC fibre connector and plug connector back into the back of Comand

If you have the fibres right you'll see the Amp talking to the CDC and the CDC re-transmitting the laser to Comand (whilst it's unplugged obviously)

The Comand system will now show CDC when you press the Audio button.

:bannana:

If the loom was the original full factory loom (or retrofit loom) for MOST based cars, theres a fuse/fuseholder on the power wire that plugs into the fusebox at the end of the dashboard, and a connector that plugs into the wakeup distributor in the passenger sill wiring duct.
On D2B cars power comes from the head-unit, so wiring different (and different between COMAND and Audio-10)

I'm pretty sure that the colours are different on the official loom for that vehicle, but I may be confusing the D2B and MOST looms.

You also have to be careful not to try and use a D2B loom on a MOST car and vice-versa because the power wiring on the (same) 3 way plug is different and the fuse blows !!

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom