CDI High pressure pump smelling and dirt of diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
W203 C270 cdi
looking around in the engine bay I've noted that on the high pressure pump (that black one in front of the common rail) there is an oily and black dust smelling of diesel!! Mainly below this component! I don't know if it's from the pump or the plastic pipes going into! Should I worry? Or is acceptable a small amount of oily dust on a diesel engine!?
It's directly over the service belt!

thanks a lot

It may be the o rings on the clear pipes, I had this on my C220 Cdi at about 80K miles, shortly after it starting to smell of fuel it became hard to start if parked in a slope. changing all the clear pipes cured everything and was cheap to do if I recall :) I think the heat under the bonnet causes the o rings to go hard.

It may be the o rings on the clear pipes, I had this on my C220 Cdi at about 80K miles, shortly after it starting to smell of fuel it became hard to start if parked in a slope. changing all the clear pipes cured everything and was cheap to do if I recall :) I think the heat under the bonnet causes the o rings to go hard.

And age too.

mine have only 35000km and there is very few dirty oil but probbly it's just started to leak:confused:

Have you performed the work by yourself? Should be easy:)

How many clear pipes is needed? Just plug and play?

The high pressure pump has been known to weep a little at the small end caps. Not really much to worry about.

If it is the pipe seals leaking it is worth replacing them as they are cheap.

The high pressure pump has been known to weep a little at the small end caps. Not really much to worry about.

If it is the pipe seals leaking it is worth replacing them as they are cheap.

Dear BlackC55,
thanks a lot for your consolation, it is very important for a paranoid guy as I'm!

Yes the oily dirt is below the high pressure pump, I've noted just a few dirt as said, but really I can't understand why "they" leak, they should not!:devil:

In case pipes seals is leaking should I replace the seal or the whole pipe, is it a plug and play? Do you mean the clear (plastic) one?

There are two pipes on the left of the pump. Just replace the seals.

perfect thanks I'll investigate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom