CDI sport Black exhausts !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stesrg

Car
2007 merc 320 cdi sport with BRABUS power, bike VTR Honda, BMW R80, Kawasaki KH250
ok is it me or do all merc cdi sports have very carbon black sooty tail pipes ? I dont drive it on vicar mode and seem to be cleaning the exhausts every time i wash it !!

now why are audi's diesel tail pipes clean ?

Is my cat not working ? can I take it out ? I want clean tail pipes

Anyone ?

ok is it me or do all merc cdi sports have very carbon black sooty tail pipes ? I dont drive it on vicar mode and seem to be cleaning the exhausts every time i wash it !!

now why are audi's diesel tail pipes clean ?

Is my cat not working ? can I take it out ? I want clean tail pipes

Anyone ?
Its all about DPFs my boy...and its good you don't have one. (Diesel Particle Filter)

Even petrol versions are the same black exhausts, not very nice

As above, it's because of the Diesel Particle Filter. They are a right royal pain in the rear when do a regenerate.

Put a coat of sealant or wax on the tailpipes when you've cleaned them to make the job easier next time. :)

So can I get rid of my "dpf" ? if so whats the best way of going around it

thanks in advance

If you are getting soot deposits, you probably don't have a DPF.

My friend has an almost new c class blue efficiency in white and the rear of the car is always covered in black dust.
Does this have a dpf?

I would rather try to get rid of this soot !! as most modern diesels in car and machinery have no soot deposits I think it maybe the short journys I do and it realy needs some long one to blast it out :>)

Might be worth spraying a bit of WD40 just above the tailpipes so the soot can't attach itself.

And give it a good blast out once a week.

Mine get black and I don't have a DPF. Just clean them when washing the car, same as you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom