CDi Stalls at 3000 rpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spraydizzy

ML 270 CDi W163 2002 Auto Tiptronic: when driving and at around 3 to 4000 rpm the car just cuts out ! :wallbash:
Have to put it in neutral start it up again back to drive all while still rolling @ 40 mph what would cause this shutdown ?

once started again all's ok

EGR is sparkling clean.
Air MASS sensor is OEM and 2 days old
No fault codes on the STAR Tester !
Any Ideas ??

Might be a fuel pressure fault......... high pressure pump or injector, imo

Panasonic your the Daddy
You always help me out Much Respect !!!!
so I may have a doggy injector although no sings of trouble from them ?

would the fuel filter cause the same thing ? cos I got nothing in the DTC on the STAR Tester

I go for blocked fuel filter or air leaking into the fuel feed pipes.

Lol, not sure about the 'daddy' bit

If the fuel filter hasnt been changed for some time then it could be partly blocked and you might as well fit a new one as its a servicable item anyway (manually fill the new filter with diesel fuel before you connect the fuel lines to avoid lots of cranking to start).

I'm only guessing but it just sounds like a fuel pressure fault to me, though it could be many other causes.............. Check that the injector electric plugs on the top of each injector are securely pushed home, one of mine wasnt and it caused intermittent engine stops.

I go for blocked fuel filter or air leaking into the fuel feed pipes.

Yes there may be a perished fuel line as I've not changed this part yet:doh:
I did however change the HP Pump O-Rings as I could see diesel leaking from there and causing the car to have difficulty starting in cold temperatures there could well be other issues undetected in the fuel line so new fuel filter new fuel line new O-Rings and will report back

thanks

Those Doggy brittle injector electric plugs on the top of each injector think i'll cable tie them s.o.b's on

I did however change the HP Pump O-Rings as I could see diesel leaking from there and causing the car to have difficulty starting in cold temperatures

thanks

Have you had this problem since changing the HP pump seals?.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom