CDR in COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

i have been burning some music cds to listen to in my car. I have a 2.0 comand system.

i have tried Verbatim cds (DataLifePlus) but they do not read at all.... nor do they read if my map cd is copied onto them.

can anyone recommend a brand of CDR which will work in my comand system? i am getting fed up of buying supposedly good cds and then not reading in my comand. they read in my other car's cd player ok and in my home stereo.

the comand reads normal music cds fine...

thanks in advance

SilverSaloon said:
hi

i have been burning some music cds to listen to in my car. I have a 2.0 comand system.

i have tried Verbatim cds (DataLifePlus) but they do not read at all.... nor do they read if my map cd is copied onto them.

can anyone recommend a brand of CDR which will work in my comand system? i am getting fed up of buying supposedly good cds and then not reading in my comand. they read in my other car's cd player ok and in my home stereo.

thanks in advance

I dont endorse the use of other peoples copies ! But if you want to protect your own media then I suggest you look at the premium priced brands like Sony.

SilverSaloon said:
hi

the comand reads normal music cds fine...

thanks in advance

I use the cheap quality cdr such as datawrite and verbatims and they work fine with my comand, I only use a SONY CDR for my sat nav disc because they are better quality and thicker for better protection. **(I only use a copy of the sat nav discs to avoid damaging the original)

My dad had a sony CD Changer in his old SLK and it would only read copied discs if they were TDK. We tried all sorts of different ones including Sony and only the TDK's worked all the time. Very strange :confused:

The only CDRs I had a problem with in comand were some black ones, the blues/greens etc have always worked fine no matter which brand.

i think it`s important to use the right burning tool! I use CD Burner XP pro and they`re running real good! With Winoncd i had a lot of problems...

Chris

I used unbranded disks & CloneCD for both the Comand & the 6 Disk. All worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom