CDW Insurance - Hire Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
I'll be hiring a number of cars over the next few months for various reasons and wondered if any members can recommend a decent provider of CDW insurance, rather than take out the extortionate CDW fees the hire providers offer?

Thanks

Sean

Try Protectmybubble.com

I've only used it for hire cars on holiday, but the saving was dramatic.

I used this lot Car Hire Excess Insurance - Direct Car Excess™ for a holiday hire - just checked the website & it seems you can go for longer periods - don't know the circumstances at your end but could be worth checking out.

Gone with these people. Thanks for the assistance

I used this lot Car Hire Excess Insurance - Direct Car Excess™ for a holiday hire - just checked the website & it seems you can go for longer periods - don't know the circumstances at your end but could be worth checking out.

Looks interesting and the annual cover looked sensible until I saw this bit:

• Any vehicle which has a retail value when new in excess of £50,000 and has a 0-62mph (0-100kph) time of less than 7.5 seconds
If you're going to be hiring anything like an E Class or 5 Series surely quite a lot of those would breach the 7.5 seconds bit.

*EDIT* When I first read this I saw it as £50,000 or but it does say and so should be okay...

There's one more important thing if you rent car locally, to make sure insurance cover use in country of residence and does not impose any distance limit. Some of them stipulate that car is not covered if it's rented closer than 15, 25 or 100 miles from home.

I use Icarhireinsurance for local and abroad rentals. Went through one claim with them and got money back in 2 weeks.

A-AvantGarde said:
Looks interesting and the annual cover looked sensible until I saw this bit: • Any vehicle which has a retail value when new in excess of £50,000 and has a 0-62mph (0-100kph) time of less than 7.5 seconds If you're going to be hiring anything like an E Class or 5 Series surely quite a lot of those would breach the 7.5 seconds bit. *EDIT* When I first read this I saw it as £50,000 or but it does say and so should be okay...

Sights not set that high for hire cars...

'Similar to' 1 series BMW and A Class MB are my next two hires, though God only knows what cars I will actually be given

Also bear in mind if you dont take the hire companies insurance you will have to leave a security deposit, for me on a recent trip to Spain the deposit was 2000 euros which was taken from my credit card the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom