ce 300 intermittent running

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hi guys need help. My mate has a 1990 _91 ce300 which runs fine for 10mins then cuts out and won't start for an hour then same again. Cps?

cps is where I would start looking.

During the time it will NOT start, does the rev counter needle bounce slightly while cranking?, if it doesn't, defo cps.

During the time it will NOT start, does the rev counter needle bounce slightly while cranking?, if it doesn't, defo cps.

Ok thanks I'll ask him. Anychance it could be a air leak? Iam thinking not because it runs sweet for first 10mins?

I had similar problems on my 300CE and found the hoses at the rotary idle valve were perished.

I had similar problems on my 300CE and found the hoses at the rotary idle valve were perished.

Iam not too clued up with these engines, would that be on the inlet manifold or throttle body? Thanks.

Take off air filter housing and its near the dip stick. Spray carb cleaner into the valve to clean it when you're there.

Were is cps on these? Bell housing? Thanks.

Could also be the ignition module. One way to check is to spray a little freezer spray on it after engine stalls and see if that changes anything. The heat transfer compound gets old behind them, they may overheat.

Could also be the ignition module. One way to check is to spray a little freezer spray on it after engine stalls and see if that changes anything. The heat transfer compound gets old behind them, they may overheat.

Hi were would that be as I've never even looked under the hood of one of these iam afraid thanks.

it's fixed on the inner wing and looks something like this
$%28KGrHqUOKjME1%29fquDZBBNsQdlIyp!~~_3.JPG

243633d1244907402t-93-300e-ezl-location-ezllocation.jpg

Hi guys need help. My mate has a 1990 _91 ce300 which runs fine for 10mins then cuts out and won't start for an hour then same again. Cps?

When mine did that, it was the rotor arm. Only replace with MB original or, failing that, Beru/Bosch. NOTHING else.

Good luck.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom