CEL and unknown DTC P22A677?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComputerGeek

Car
'16 C-Class 200d (W205)
Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago I bought my first Mercedes, a 2016 C200d (W205) from a used car dealership with 19k miles on the clock. I've had the Check Engine Light come on three times, 20-30 miles in between, under normal driving. I've used the ICarsoft MB-II to scan and clear the fault code, since I couldn't find much about it online and the car seems to run fine as far as I can tell, but I'd like to know what's causing it to re-appear.

The MB-II reports the DTC code P22A677 on the ECM -presumably something to do with the power-train since it starts with the letter "P". If i press the "book" button on the scanner it tells me the code could not be found in its dictionary and the code displayed on the top left changes to C1032. Googling either code didn't yield any results...

I've tried refueling, checked the fuller cap, any things to try? I wonder if anyone here has seen this before or has any recommendations on how to diagnose this further.

Thanks!
Alex
IMG_20190607_134205.jpg

Take the car back to the seller, get them to sort it out! They are liable , don't give them any excuse to pass the liability to you because you have played around with it

Take the car back to the seller, get them to sort it out! They are liable , don't give them any excuse to pass the liability to you because you have played around with it
Thanks for the reply. If there's any hint of an expensive repair then I'll take it back to the dealer, but I'd like to know what it is that's causing the fault to appear. If it's something minor I can fix myself then I'd rather do that and save myself the journey.

Grober, thanks for the reply. Do you have any insight on the P22A677 code? I think this is the "true" code that turns on the check engine light. That C1032 code might be something internal to how the diagnostic tool operates but I thought I should mention it anyway.

If I grab the faults using a generic ODB-II tool , then I get P22A6 (two digits short) without mention of the C1032.
I've read the article you've linked to for the C1032 - if the speed sensor would be acting up then the ABS light would come on, but I've got the check engine light instead.

Just a followup in case anyone gets this code again, I took the car back to the dealer to fix under their warranty, they've ran a scan and said the NOX sensor needs replacing.

Hi,
I have the same error Code (P22A677), you have changed the Lambda senzor? I have an C200 ( S205) from 2015
Thank you!

P22A6 OBD Code Definition:
NOx Sensor Heater Sense Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Thank you Larkone.
I just took a look unde the car and I don't now exactly which one it is, do you have any idea?
It is one sensor before the catalyzator, just next to the engine, one on the cat and another one after the cat......
Thank you!

Sorry cannot help as don't have that car or engine.

Last edited:
You have the OM654916 ENGINE where the exhaust treatment equipment is located on the side of the engine. The first NOx SENSOR is located there and the second much further along the exhaust pipe just after it goes horizontal under the car.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
AND
Introduction of the Inline Engine Generation 4-Cylinder | manualzz.com
PAGE 42 onwards for sensor locations.

Sorry, I think I don't have this motor. I have 1.6 liter, 136 HP.
This one is 2.0 liter, introduced by MB în 2016

Now I'm sure that I don't have this engine, I have the one from Renault (R9M) , new name from MB is OM 626

Hi , I have the same problem at the moment unfortunately. @Psergiu do you know where the Nox Sensor Heater Sense Circuit (bank 1 sensor 2) is allocated? Also has this solved your problem once you changed the sensor?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi @Karolinam2021,
After changing the sensor the problem was solved. Sensor 2 - it's the last on from exhaust pipe.
I can send you pictures, if it helps you.
If you have more question just ask, no problem.
The NOx sensor it is a common problem!

Hi @Karolinam2021,
After changing the sensor the problem was solved. Sensor 2 - it's the last on from exhaust pipe.
I can send you pictures, if it helps you.
If you have more question just ask, no problem.
The NOx sensor it is a common problem!
Yes please that would be amazing. Thank you so much

First two pictures are with the old sensor.....and the thirth one it's with the new one

@Psergiu Hallo, I have the same problem, first time was when the car was in warranty, now the warranty is over and I received a message two weeks ago "engine" bulb went on, went to bosch service and they did a diagnose. It was nox sensor system 1 sensor 2. I have the same car as you have or had. C200d from 2015, and bought in Brecht, near Wuustwezel, garage Pans.

Can you please tell me, where did you buy the sensor and did you replace it yourself?

Kind regards

Mirsad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom