CEL and unknown DTC P22A677?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There were several MB versions of this sensor. The latest versions are also accompanied by a software upgrade to the engine ECU. Beware there are people out there selling [ new ] outdated sensors

@grober Last year I had to bring my car into the garage because of the diesel gate issues so they could modify the software on the ECU or so.

So if I buy the same exact part second hand or brand new, there is a chance that the ECU won't recognise it?

No-one knows exactly what was changed in the software but I am guessing its conjunction with the exhaust temperature sensor. The thing that kills the NOx sensors is evidently water vapour in the exhaust stream. They don't switch on till the exhaust has reached operating temperature. My guess is that Mercedes have raised the operating temperature threshold to prolong sensor life? This is independant of any recognition protocols which may also be required for most canbus sensors.

I use my car to drive to work everyday 5 km one way, and once in a month I go to germany, and once a year I go on holiday 5000km total. I guess my daily 5km is killing the sensor?

Hi,
I did not bought / replace myself the sensor. I was to MB garage in Loenhout.

@Psergiu oostvogels? Do you remember how much it was? Your MB is also a diesel I guess? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom