Center Caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi Guys

Does any one know any easy way of removing the center cap from alloys without removing the wheel and preferably without damaging the old cap?

Thanks

Tan

Get a rubber tipped screw driver to pop your old ones off, I used a tissue and a screwdriver..

also if you could drill a hole in old caps on car (only thin plastic) and then use a coat hanger in the hole to pull out :) (but you dont want to damage them you said)

removecap.jpg

Thanks

I'll do that tmr.

I bought some new caps today, the blue and silver ones.

BTW Which stealership do you use? My offices are on the Great West Road but don't find MB Brentford much good.

I only ask coz i noticed from other posts that you are based in that area~ i think:confused:

oh if you dont have a rubber tiped driver wrap the tip of the screwdriver in cloth or tissue.... also make sure there is cloth on the alloy so you dont scrape that also!

Oh do it at yer own risk ;)

Originally posted by Tan
Thanks

I'll do that tmr.

I bought some new caps today, the blue and silver ones.

BTW Which stealership do you use? My offices are on the Great West Road but don't find MB Brentford much good.

I only ask coz i noticed from other posts that you are based in that area~ i think:confused:

Yeah MB brentford do suck a little bit, but there is one guy in there whos OK (Russell) I work In ealing so am around the corner from you! (and stealership)

:bannana:

Tan,

I actually took the wheels off to change the centre caps, that way you can be sure of not scratching or damaging your alloys.

It doesn't take that long unless your wheels bond themselves to the hubs which they did in my case (just the rears) hehe :rolleyes: So then I was glad I found out on a nice summer's day in my driveway rather than with a puncture on the side of the road (invariably in the rain). :D

S.

I guna give the screwdriver method a shot first, coz in this weather i don't fancy takin all the wheels off.

What i should have done is got the guy from the AA to do it when they fitted my new (FREE) tyres.

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom