Center panel electrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

b333ry

Car
clk 230
Hi everyone,

always feel slightly cheeky asking a technical questions as my first post, but---

recently got myself a 2000 CLK 230 cab, love it! but :( there is some various intermittent faults regarding the complete center panel (windows, boot release, esp etc) wherein sometimes, more frequent as of late, that nothing works at all! only indication is a solid red light on the rear headrest button, when this is out (light off) they seem to work - thats the only consistent thing to go by - slightly frustrating - to note not sure as my research only concluded to W209's whether my rear headrests can/should fully retract or stay up in a normal position. sorry if that isnt completely understandable hopefully it makes some sense - i am confident with repairs/mechanics and to be honest have pulled nothing apart as of yet in fear of perhaps upsetting something espicially if this is somewhat common.

perhaps someone else has experienced this issue and can lend a wise word or 2 :)

many thanks

Many thanks merc85 - i actually had a read of your post before i posted but wasnt sure if mine related entirely but i'll take a look and crack the multimeter out on it, do you think this is a dry solder joint or failed component issue?

Not to sure, as i cant open the back of the switch pack up, as its a torx 5 but i am going to get my electrics bloke to have a look out of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom