Central Heating Boilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is no price difference ~£3 at most ringing around.

I'm tempted to go local, just so I have someone in person I can talk to plus I have bought spares from there before . . .

Bit late now but that is exactly what we did and why we did it!

Ecotec Plus 831 - the safe option fingers crossed.

I still like the Vitodens with closed loop lambda control . . . ah well !

Kind of changing the subject but I was invited to a meeting at HO where Glowworm rolled out a scheme where installers can register to a government insentive where people claiming benifit can have a old inefficient or faulty boiler replaced free.
There are forms to be filled and a energy efficiency certificate for the property is required but if the application is accepted the installer claims £1500+vat for replacing the boiler.
The range is limited and the installer can only submit a bill for swapping the boiler. Any other work is negotiated by the property owner and the installer.
Landlords can have boilers replaced if the tennents claim benifit.

I've asked around my usual customers but as yet no takers.
Most the big players already have teams in place and even B&Q have a similar scheme running (I'm told the paperwork is a mountain)

Looks like they can't even give them away

The Vaillant is very good and the Viessmann 200 range is impressive.
Top end money though.
With spending that kind of money though have you made sure what controls the boiler is top notch?
If your using low tech controls your boiler will only work as efficient as the control will allow.
Weather compensation and optimised controls are the way to make your boiler pay for itself

I will have wireless thermostat and zoned valves for all rooms. Heating on demand. Went with the old style HouseHeat stuff and managed to get a decent discount :)

Weather compensation would throw the valves self-learning off so I didn't go with that.

I'll post a pic of the mess I create !

The Vaillant is very good and the Viessmann 200 range is impressive

I would have like the Viessmann for the geek factor in me and German engineering etc. The German machine I work with at the airport are brilliant to diagnose and repair, would have hoped boiler would be the same.

At the end of the day though, if the boiler does go wrong, a Gas safe numpty (no offence to anyone) would be looking at it ? So thought it best to go with a main stream boiler.

Hi Whitey

Not wanting to pry but whose make of trv's have you used?
Are they individually programmable or do they talk to a central control?

Recently sold a Honeywell Evo system.
I like the concept and it will be a easy way to zone a large system when the price comes down

Update.

Thank you for all the advice and input.

In the end we went for a Worcester Bosch 34CDI (replacing the WB 28CDI) There is also a DT10RF Optimser (Wireless timer/tempreature control unit) to go with.

Four flat panel radiators were replaced with Myson convector types in the older part of the house.

Our plumber (new to us for this job) on his initial recce showed us we have a single pipe system in the old part of our house and a two pipe system in the newer back half of the house, we had this extension done in around 1998/9. He said it would be best to change the single pipe to a double pipe system. This was duly done and no plastic fitting or pipe were used.

Job is just about finished now. I will put an update this thread on the new system as the weather gets colder.

Again, thank you.

CHEERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom