Central locking clk 209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavinmc

Car
clk
Hi all, my car has a flat battery i can open the drivers door using the key blade but i cannot open the bonnet. The ignition is dead. Is there a way to energise the central locking or open the bonnet with a flat battery?

The bonnet release is a lever under the steering column. I thought it was mechanical, not electrical?

The bonnet on mine opens while the battery is flat mechanical as Grotbag has said?

Tony.

just tried again the cable isn't moving just the handle is flexing it appears to be deadlocked. i'll have to try jacking it up and try to release from underneath

My bonnet opens when the battery is flat, but not the fuel flap as you say.

On the Nissan the cable is quite stiff; any chance it's the same problem on your CLK? Try pushing the bonnet down to take some of the pressure off the latch.

Mechanical, they do open without battery connected - I did this only last month on the car I was facelifting.

The cable or catches could have gone stiff because of the cold temperatures. Try getting another person to push down on the bonnet while you pull on the release.

managed it drivers front wheel and well liner managed to pull the cable from there. There is an electrical connection to it maybe alarm still cannot pull the cable from inside the car which i usually can, i will try again when battery is sorted .. Thanks for the replies

battery changed still can't pop bonnet cable must be frozen or knackered in the car. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom